Vortex reloaded (VXR)

shaggykid

Reaction score
Have you tried it out? Is it nice and stable? I downloaded boosted ICS today, haven't flashed it yet because leftspin commented how its not a good daily rom yet.

leftspin

Reaction score
Have you tried it out? Is it nice and stable? I downloaded boosted ICS today, haven't flashed it yet because leftspin commented how its not a good daily rom yet.

This ROM is stable and definitely would be good to use as a daily driver. It's GB not ICS but I ran the old VorteX several months ago and I remember it being very nice.

OP
Savagerun

Savagerun

Reaction score
No i haven't yet shaggy, im gonna wait till probably the next update on it because it doesn't look like a whole lot has been added to it yet. I just posted a link to it just in case someone else wants to check it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

shaggykid

Reaction score
I'll have to check it out. I really want a stable ICS build though.

How's the battery life on this one? I am using the latest CM7 build now and am hating the battery life I'm getting.

MOD edit: sig removed.

shaggykid

Reaction score
No i haven't yet shaggy, im gonna wait till probably the next update on it because it doesn't look like a whole lot has been added to it yet. I just posted a link to it just in case someone else wants to check it out.

I think I'll test it out in a bit and let ya'll know what I think. I would do it right now but I'm anticipating a phone call.

shaggykid

Reaction score
The more I use the CM7 rom I'm currently on, the more I want to try this one. 17% of my battery in an hour! I could last two days on stock/rooted with my extended battery.

leftspin

Reaction score
VorteX has always been notorious as a great battery life ROM. Shaggy, it looks like your browser and/or computer has been infected with some kind of spambot malware.

shaggykid

Reaction score
Are you referring to my signature? It's not a spam.

However if I'm not allowed to advertise it like that I will remove it.

If you check the site out though it is 100% legit. Backed by site-lock on a daily basis and they don't ask for phone number, credit card or anything like that.

leftspin

Reaction score
You should remove it as per forum rules.

7. Do not promote your websites, domains, company, or services in any of the discussion forums. This includes starting a thread, replying to a post, or putting it in your signature. If a member is seeking assistance or looking for a certain type of product, the best way to offer your services is to send a PM. The only way people are allowed to advertise on this site is of they are paying to do so. Please contact the ADMINs if you wish to become a Supporting Vendor.

shaggykid

Reaction score
Done. Always wanna operate within the rules :)

If you wanna try to win stuff absolutely free.. PM me! :)

shaggykid

Reaction score
Just flashed VXR and I love it so far!

Also I'm not sure if CM7 was reading my battery wrong but before I flashed it read 50% battery and after it read 90%. Kinda odd but who knows. I'll write up a full review once I get my apps all loaded up again.

leftspin

Reaction score
Just flashed VXR and I love it so far!

Also I'm not sure if CM7 was reading my battery wrong but before I flashed it read 50% battery and after it read 90%. Kinda odd but who knows. I'll write up a full review once I get my apps all loaded up again.

That's common when you switch ROMs. Whenever I install something new I let the battery die completely, then charge it all the way back up to 100% and wipe the battery stats. There are also battery calibrator apps on the market that basically do the same thing.

shaggykid

Reaction score
Well I'm gonna try to let it die out tonight before I go to bed so I can have it full charge over night. Then I can truly assess how fast it drains.

This is a nice and simple rom. Not too many ways to customize.

I wish I could have CM7's customization with VXR's performance and battery life.

Sent from your mom's house using my Droid X

OP
Savagerun

Savagerun

Reaction score
Yes like leftspin said the battery thing happens sometimes going from one rom to another. If you charge your battery to 100% before installing a rom you can avoid that from happening. I usually charge it up and keep it plugged in while installing another rom that way it stays fully charged.