Volume Unlock?

JimiMack

Reaction score
I have always had the option to unlock and wake via the Volume buttons as opposed to the unlock button on all prior phones. With that, yes those were all on custom Roms which we do not have for this unit. Does anyone know of any method of getting this phone to wake and unlock via the volume buttons, I am just so sick and tired of having to reach for the unlock button on top to wake the phone. Thanks.

Last edited:

mordant80

Reaction score
i was able to do it on my old tb stock rom by using smali/baksmali to edit a file. if you search google for thunderbolt volume wake you'll find some info on it. with the security on this phone it wouldn't surprise me if the change triggered a security error. i always liked the option of having volume wake so when i get the extra time I'll see what I can do for you. if we're lucky a simple edit to the keyboard mapping files may do the trick.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:
OP
JimiMack

JimiMack

Reaction score
Thanks, the only thing I was able to recall was that WidgetLocker had a "Wake on any hardware" option... which of course does not function on this phone.

mordant80

Reaction score
that crap didn't do anything for the thunderbolt either.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta