volume rocker

wickedgrip

Reaction score
hey guys, just got a Fascinate and the volume rocker sounds loose, not like falling out loose but if I shake the phone a little, it sounds like its loose, is it supposed to be like that? or should I go to verizon and get another?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go back to VZW and see if the floor models do the same.

rastephens

Reaction score
Mine rattles a little, too. Hadn't noticed until I read your post and tried it. I'm not going to worry about it.

fishmstr

Reaction score
Mine has a slight rattle if I shake it. But I fixed it myself, I quit shaking it. :)

OP
W

wickedgrip

Reaction score
Yup rattle was the word I was looking for, I'm kind of anal about things like this with a new phone

OP
W

wickedgrip

Reaction score
called the verizon store where I got mine today, the rep says he's rattles too and also the floor model does too, meh

zero7starz

Reaction score
Get a case for it, problem solved. The Tmobile Vibrant does it too, its a manufacture flaw on all the devices. The cases that cover the side though really help.

fishmstr

Reaction score
It really is not unusual on cellphones. My LG did the same thing. If you have never had a cell phone opened up before what you have are 2 buttons one on top and one on bottom. The rocker switch is nothing more than that a rocker switch. It sits loosely on top of the actually buttons. It is wider in the middle so it will "rock" both ways. Nothing to worry about.

kengell

Reaction score
I removed my case to check and mine does not feel or sound loose at all. I bought mine in Cleveland OH, wonder if different Verizon stores got phones from different Samsung warehouses or phones possibly made in different plants. Sorry been trying to post to this since the 17th and I've had technical trouble and unable to.

Insult2Injury

Reaction score
Mine rattles a little. First thing I noticed but doesn't bother me. After using it as much as I do I no longer notice it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk