Volume Rocker controls only the Call Ring Volume?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Right now, my volume bar is showing at an eight of the way up, my calls come in nice and quiet... then BANG! If I get an email or calendar event, I have a slight heart attack.

When I go to Settings, then Sounds, then Volumes, I see my Volume is where it should be, but Music is at full blast, Notificiations and Alarms are half way down which is good (though it should follow the master volume) but there are no settings for text and calendar events?

I dont understand why? Anyone?

lloydsw

Reaction score
Aren't text & calendar events controlled by notifications?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look on the Play store for an app called Volumes by Inking Software. It's free and gives individual volume controls.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Look on the Play store for an app called Volumes by Inking Software. It's free and gives individual volume controls.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Apparently no one is actually reading this. :( How can I get the Volume Rocker to control ALL sounds, you know, like on any other phone?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On the phone some are connected together (such as my Rezound ties my ringer volume and text volume together) or are unchangeable (such as email , voicemail, etc). The app I mentioned makes it possible to do what you seek, separate and control different volumes.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Apparently no one is actually reading this. :( How can I get the Volume Rocker to control ALL sounds, you know, like on any other phone?

I am not 100% sure, but I think the JB update changed this; maybe not for all phone makes, but at least for Motorola. On my Bionic running ICS, the volume rocker did seem to control all volumes at once. Then, after the JB update, that was not the case. As others have stated, there are a ton of apps on the Play Store (for free) that will "lock" all volumes on the phone to the volume rocker. I used one on my Bionic after the JB update and it worked fine for me. Some have a lot of adds, but find the one that works for you & you should be in business.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Get the "Slider Widget" from the Play Store. You'll love it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Well? Did you try it?
Again this is a feature that many of us enjoy. I am sorry you do not like it.

And ONE LAST TIME: if you are on your MAIN HOME SCREEN and press VOLUME DOWN then ALL SOUNDS WILL BE MUTED EXCEPT FOR ALARMS AND MUSIC.
Period.
This is how it works on every Droid I've ever owned (and also on the iPHONE Jimmy)....
If this does not work your PHONE IS BROKEN.
That is all.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Well? Did you try it?
Again this is a feature that many of us enjoy. I am sorry you do not like it.

And ONE LAST TIME: if you are on your MAIN HOME SCREEN and press VOLUME DOWN then ALL SOUNDS WILL BE MUTED EXCEPT FOR ALARMS AND MUSIC.
Period.
This is how it works on every Droid I've ever owned (and also on the iPHONE Jimmy)....
If this does not work your PHONE IS BROKEN.
That is all.

Didnt try it yet, will do it, sick of the heart attacks, still silly, if you want the phone to emit a lower sound, hence the rocker, it should lower ALL sounds! At least thats what my "dumb" phone did.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
But I don't want my phone to EVER lower my alarm. It has reliably gotten me up for 4+ years now.
And I don't accidentally launch my music ap, so that's fine that it is separate.
Actually I think this feature was added in Jelly Bean. I think on my first Droid the rocker lowered everything BUT the alarm from any screen.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
But I don't want my phone to EVER lower my alarm. It has reliably gotten me up for 4+ years now.
And I don't accidentally launch my music ap, so that's fine that it is separate.
Actually I think this feature was added in Jelly Bean. I think on my first Droid the rocker lowered everything BUT the alarm from any screen.

I suppose for the alarm, yes, but not emails and texts. Ill check that app out.