volume question

qkpony

Reaction score
I have the motorola droid on verizon. I am not sure if anyone else has ever had this but I wan to know if there is something that can make it stay. I have noticed alot of times that when I am listening to my media player and go to make a phone call the two volumes combine for a great sound alot louder for a split second. really noticeable when hooked up in my car. I would love it if there is an app or something that could do this all the time.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome qkpony :)

I'm not sure *exactly* what you're talking about...I'm pretty sure my volume doesn't change if there is music playing and I get a call at the same time...the music stays at the volume I set it to, and so does the ringer volume...

PyroManiac

Reaction score
Audio volume hack

I have not tried this myself....but give it a shot.

drop.io azminisk8ryoutube

This guys seems to have alot of droid apps. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK..I have used some of his apps...all seemed fine but just giving u a heads up.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i think ive seen an app on the market to increase the volume.

but on the other hand, motorola MIGHT have made it so you cant turn it up this loud for a reason
maybe damage to the speaker...

PyroManiac

Reaction score
right you are...

All of these apps should be dropped into the SD card main folder from your computer.

From there you can download Andros File Manager (free from Android Market), and locate the file, long click on the and select "Open", and then install.

If you are rooted you can drop it in your android SDK tools folder...for example mine is in c:\Android\tools.

Type the following:

Code:
ADB install app.apk

**Note make sure your phone is no longer mounted to the computer when using ADB. (took me a while to figure that out).

Please ask any questions you need, sorry for the brief explaination earlier.

OP
qkpony

qkpony

Reaction score
it is weird when it happens. but like i said when it happens and it is plugged into my car it actually clears the sound up and makes it alot louder. The first time I noticed it I had made a phone call while I had on my headphones fyi only happens when I make a call. and when it switches from the media volume to your incall volume it stayed on both and just about blew my ear drums out lol but alomost all the time it does it for a split second. I will try that app thanks pyro. Hey pyro do I have to be rooted I installed it but it force closes all the time. my phone is going back for a new one on tuesday cause my 3.5 mm jack is bad lol maybe I should root befor it goes back lol

okay rooted phone that seams to work pretty well thanks man