Volume problems on D.inc 2

xxerikdlcxx

Reaction score
hi there, I just recently got an incredible 2 after having continuous problems on every replacement phone i got for my droid r2d2. Any way I love the new phone but I'm having problems with the volume. First is if I'm using the navigation and listening to music the navigation volume is so low its basically useless, Im not sure if its only when I have it plugged into the aux I keep forgetting to check. the other is if i get a notification while listening to music in the car the music volume gets real low for about 2 seconds after the notification finishes then gets louder then goes back to normal. has anyone else had these problems or should i call verizon back once again.

thanks

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I don't think it is a warranty type of issue, it is a use issue. You are asking the phone to do multiple tasks with the audio system when it is (most likely) only designed to process one at a time and do it well. The music dimming down is so that the notification can be heard. Wouldn't you be upset if you were missing notifications while listening to music? IMHO, I don't see a problem, just something you will have to get used to.

OP
X

xxerikdlcxx

Reaction score
ya but it only happens when plugged into the car, and like i said about the notifications it gets lower then louder AFTER the notification is already finished so its not helping to hear the notification just annoying me in the middle of a song. I never had either of these problems on my moto droid r2d2 and its a year older than the incredible 2. Also my girlfriend has a different htc phone that doesn't suffer from these issues.

micjmac

Reaction score
The first issue is a well known bug if you Google it and apparently it hasn't been fixed yet. I believe it is related to having an aux cable or a headphone cable plugged into the phone. It is quite annoying though as you have noticed.

I cannot comment on the second issue.

Last edited: