Volume Issue

Prdangelo665

Reaction score
I have owned my droid since its initial release fairly worry free until today. I am getting the volume screen popping up on my home screens and it turns the volume all the way to completely silent. I turn it all the way as loud as it goes and seconds later it turns itself down to silent. This has been happening non stop all day today. I did several updates earlier and thought it could be one of them so I uninstalled the updated apps, no fix. Then I uninstalled all apps, no fix. I then did a hard reset on my phone, no fix. There is nothing else I can possibly think of at the moment. Please help me return to my normal droid. Thanks in advance

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stock charger?
Are you using screen mode widget? or any other app that designates a function to the volume rocker?
or a settings app.... something that would control ringer settings during the day like Locale?

OP
P

Prdangelo665

Reaction score
Stock charger?
Are you using screen mode widget? or any other app that designates a function to the volume rocker?

Stock adapter, non stock usb cable (bought from android store - retractable version). I uninstalled all apps and did a hard reset on my phone. Currently no apps installed from market. Phone is back to new out of box condition with the exception of this issue/problem

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stock charger?

Stock adapter, non stock usb cable (bought from android store - retractable version). I uninstalled all apps and did a hard reset on my phone. Currently no apps installed from market. Phone is back to new out of box condition with the exception of this issue/problem
Hmm... out of box condition and still doing it :icon_eek:
I'm not sure what it is. I'm looking through some threads but I don't remember seeing anyone with a similar issue so I'm blindly looking.

OP
P

Prdangelo665

Reaction score
This issue also affects my in call volume as well, turning the volume all the way down. . .not completely off (as I dont think that is a setting)

mjs31

Reaction score
If you did a complete reset and are still having this happen I would get it in for repair/replacement. I agree with Martin...I don't recall seeing anything like this in the forums. There have been some volume type issues, but that was mostly tracked back to certain apps that control volumes for calls, notifications etc..

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you did a complete reset and are still having this happen I would get it in for repair/replacement. I agree with Martin...I don't recall seeing anything like this in the forums. There have been some volume type issues, but that was mostly tracked back to certain apps that control volumes for calls, notifications etc..
That's what I was thinking. I really don't remember seeing this issue with anyone else. Might be time to make the trip to VZW :icon_eek:

Silver Member
Reaction score
sounds like a stuck button to me. my first DROID did this if you did some weird behavior of pushing a button when turning it on/off.

swap it out, especially if you're within your 30.

OP
P

Prdangelo665

Reaction score
Ok, but I am not within my 30 and I bought it from a Best Buy, so I guess I'll go there. Good thing I bought the ESP!

Silver Member
Reaction score
you have a one year manufacturer warranty. if the device is defective, take it back.