1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Volume Issue on OG Droid

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by thesandman00, Oct 13, 2011.

1. thesandman00

thesandman00 New Member

I'm running the latest version of CM and am really enjoying it. I have, however, been having issues with the volume control of the device. Basically, I hit the volume button to change the notification volume and it does nothing. At this point, there is no volume so I can't hear any notifications. If I press the volume down button, the vibrate function will activate but that's all. Going in to the sound settings menu didn't work either. It let me move the slider, but as soon I close out of that menu, the volume goes back to nothing. One additional issue I've had is that calls start by default in speakerphone mode. Luckily, it lets me disable that but it's mildly annoying.

Anyone had these issues? I apologize if these issues have already been covered a million times. The CM7 thread is just daunting, though!
  2. shawner47

shawner47 New Member

I haven't had anything like that. Mine has been smooth as silk since flashing winner00's version.

What kernel and speeds are you running? Not sure if that would matter but it may.
  3. thesandman00

thesandman00 New Member

I'm not sure of the kernel that I'm running, but it's whatever came stock with the rom. Whatever rom it is that's in ROM Manager is the one I'm running, 7.1.
  4. jdawg334

jdawg334 Member

Have you tried going into sound>volume and using the touch screen to adjust the volume? Dunno might help.

Winners build page does recommend changing the kernel when you flash the rom. I use Deprimed and flashing the kernel is as easy as flashing the rom.
  5. thesandman00

thesandman00 New Member

I have indeed tried that. It shows as though the slider is moving. But once I exit the sound setting screen, it goes back to nothing. I think my issue may be related somehow to the headset settings/drivers (whatever you would like to call them). Seems like after using a set of headphones, the volume works for a while, but only sometimes. I'm still trying to track down what's actually going on. I may give another kernel a shot. Thanks for the suggestion
  6. louy99

louy99 New Member

Redownload rom and flash but only clear dalvik cache

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  7. thesandman00

thesandman00 New Member

What exactly is the dalvik cache? One issue I've always seemed to have is that anytime I try wiping the dalvik, the ROM always gets stuck at the M. This has happened every time I've tried it on a number of different ROMs.
Search tags for this page

can you increase volume to cyanogenmod?

cyangenmod volume issue