Volume buttons

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My demo phone at work somehow has the volume rocker smooshed in and now the phone is stuck with trying to lower the volume. Is there an easy way to fix this?

Sent from my Verizon G4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried flicking it? Tap it with something heavier than a paperclip, like maybe a pencil on the eraser end? As long as the inner spring isn't broken it should pop back out with some light persuasion from a solid object.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Don't you just love it when customers tear up the demo phones. Hope you can get it to pop back out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try pulling out the rocker. Because it's also where the sim tray is...wedge something under the top, turn it towards your body and pop the entire assembly out..simtray and volume rockers...
It needs to pull out about half an inch straight out.

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Don't you just love it when customers tear up the demo phones. Hope you can get it to pop back out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Don't even get me started! Came in on Friday to find this, too
ffb04906da550690aa0733296bd5c63a.jpg

Sent from my Verizon G4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
^Apple fans are pretty harsh.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I said the glass back was ridiculous from day one. Function over form people, function over form. Whoever the birdbrain was who thought of making the back of a flagship device out of glass needs to have their head examined, and then shards of glass stuck under their fingernails and made to type all day!

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I said the glass back was ridiculous from day one. Function over form people, function over form. Whoever the birdbrain was who thought of making the back of a flagship device out of glass needs to have their head examined, and then shards of glass stuck under their fingernails and made to type all day!

S5 tap'n

I thought the same thing about HTC's front facing speakers. What a novel idea! Until it took me walking into three stores to find one where the speaker grills weren't broken off. Apparently they glued them on instead of machining them from one piece.

It totally deterred me from buying it.

The same went for the i4. One drop from the table, with a protective case on, shattered the back glass. I purchased an aftermarket aluminum one to replace the glass.

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I am just waiting for the same thing to happen to the Note 5 and Edge+ demos :-/

Sent from my Verizon G4

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Peeps sure break stuff.. Although some spots I've visited have them heavy clamps wrong and it tears the phones right up...

I usually like to go in stores and turn developer animations off and set DF as the browser home page... sometimes if I'm feeling it a little Nova launcher..

NexusSix

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Peeps sure break stuff.. Although some spots I've visited have them heavy clamps wrong and it tears the phones right up...

I usually like to go in stores and turn developer animations off and set DF as the browser home page... sometimes if I'm feeling it a little Nova launcher..

NexusSix
Were you the kid who set all the alarm clocks to go off 15 minutes apart as well? I know I was. :)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

S5 tap'n
Yup. I had an ex that bought the first iphone with the glass back against my advice. Few months later, she took it out of the case for something. Glass was shattered about like Jackie's picture. Fools.

Also, yeah, did you get it figured out yet @jackiescivic?