Volume buttons fell off!!

GregLXStang

Reaction score
Let me say, I'm not rough on my phone at all...and when I went to turn the volume up earlier...the entire rocker button was missing! I know if I call Verizon they'll tell me it's a physical problem and I am the one that caused it...but this is crazy. Anywhere I can buy a MotoDroid display model or something to change out the back part of the case? The thin piece of plastic between the button and the front slide part of the Droid is broken as well...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me say, I'm not rough on my phone at all...and when I went to turn the volume up earlier...the entire rocker button was missing! I know if I call Verizon they'll tell me it's a physical problem and I am the one that caused it...but this is crazy. Anywhere I can buy a MotoDroid display model or something to change out the back part of the case? The thin piece of plastic between the button and the front slide part of the Droid is broken as well...

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. If the phone breaks due to a defect like you describe then they should replace it under warranty. Call Verizon and tell them what happened. If you don't get a good response, hang up and try again. If that doesn't work talk to a supervisor.

Also you can contact Motorola about it as well. Irregardless it should be covered under warranty.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Irregardless it should be covered under warranty.

Do you mean irrespective or regardless? Irregardless isnt a word :)

OP, follow Hook's advice. Someone will replace it for you.

OP
G

GregLXStang

Reaction score
Jus talked to Verizon, they're making me file an insurance claim for $89 to get another Droid.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You left out the part where you had insurance...

OP
G

GregLXStang

Reaction score
Insurance does me no good. They just told me that I can not get another Droid because they are not available to replace. Why am I paying for it then?

*calls Verizon*

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Insurance does me no good. They just told me that I can not get another Droid because they are not available to replace. Why am I paying for it then?

*calls Verizon*

You shouldn't be calling insurance, and that's a flat out lie. What in the world is going on with them. Who's the insurance, Assurion?

OP
G

GregLXStang

Reaction score
They transferred me to them for me to speak with the associate, and yes it's Asurion. I'm on the phone with a Verizon tech right now, he said that it was stupid they said that and he's going out of his way to just have a new phone sent to me saying that he's pretty sure that there's no reason that I will be charged for the replacement.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They transferred me to them for me to speak with the associate, and yes it's Asurion. I'm on the phone with a Verizon tech right now, he said that it was stupid they said that and he's going out of his way to just have a new phone sent to me saying that he's pretty sure that there's no reason that I will be charged for the replacement.

Darn right there was no reason to transfer you. And you shouldn't be charged anything.

mozicodo

Reaction score

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you mean irrespective or regardless? Irregardless isnt a word :)

OP, follow Hook's advice. Someone will replace it for you.

Why did you correct him? The point is mute, and I could care less!

:icon_ banana:

(moot, couldn't care less)

Same difference.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

I have a Sun Conure too!

Since the crisis is over I went and looked up "irregardless" and apparently it's not proper English but it is a word. LtKen was right I should have said regardless but it's been said enough times now that apparently it's used enough to have worked it's way into the dictionary.

OP
G

GregLXStang

Reaction score

Darn right there was no reason to transfer you. And you shouldn't be charged anything.

Someone didn't wanna do their job...customer service is your job...if yah don't like it...don't do it. :) The tech told me that the only way I'd be charged if they got the phone back and determined it to be abusive physical damage.

zshazz

Reaction score
Well that sucks that they're giving you the run around... however, I have (potentially) good news. Have you heard about the Early Upgrade promotion?

Leak: Verizon Early Upgrade Promotion | GizmoFusion

Instead of paying $90 to replace the phone you have, you could do this and upgrade to the Incredible if you've been craving that.

Just informing you of options. :) Good luck

OP
G

GregLXStang

Reaction score
Well that sucks that they're giving you the run around... however, I have (potentially) good news. Have you heard about the Early Upgrade promotion?

Leak: Verizon Early Upgrade Promotion | GizmoFusion

Instead of paying $90 to replace the phone you have, you could do this and upgrade to the Incredible if you've been craving that.

Just informing you of options. :) Good luck
Nooooo, I will not get an Incredible. I love my Droid...I like having the physical QWERTY keyboard and the touch screen...if I wanted only the touch I would have never gotten rid of my :iphone:.