VOIP for moto droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Jkeith247, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Jkeith247

Jkeith247 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, this is my first post to the forum and I had a quick question bout voip. I work in a lot of LARGE houses that have no cellular services. I am the home automation/network technician for these houses so I always am on their nerworks. I am looking for the most reliable voip application (preferably free) for my MOTO DROID that will let me receive calls in these places. At home, I am a Magic Jack subscriber and have seen some ways of tapping into that network but none with any real detail. If someone has any advice I would appreciate it greatly! Thank you!

2. Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Google voice, skype

3. BizzyGeek

BizzyGeek New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=548405

I did this, though I'm probably not as techie as a lot of the folks on the boards so it took some tinkering. Biggest hang up was actually authenticating the IPKall # in Google Voice because of the DTMF recognition being finnicky. I evenually had to download a softphone for my PC to get over that hurdle. Other than that, if you're willing to take the time it's a pretty workable setup and shouldn't cost you any $. Happy droiding.

BG

4. Jkeith247

Jkeith247 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hmm

So, i found this link to extract the sip settings from magic jack...
    Who said Nokia N95 VOIP + Magic Jack doesnt work :) - Kiran Bulusu’s Blog

If this is the case, then I should be able to use these settings in SIPdroid to use my magic jack phone number....

Am I correct in my assumptions?:icon_ devil::icon_ devil::icon_ devil:

Of course this would only be experimental and for learning purposes only... I wouldnt want to do anything to violoate my magic jack TOS.... :)

Search tags for this page

download old version of magicjack