VOIP Calls Won't ring after sleep mode.

J.R.B.

Reaction score
Hello. I'm brand new to the android world and I'm hoping someone here can help me with this. This is happening on an incredible running 2.1, and my problem is that VOIP apps seem to become non-functional after the phone enters sleep mode. I've tried the latest versions in the Market of both Sipdroid and 3cxphone, and the phone behaves the same with either app, so I'm thinking this is either a phone or OS setting issue rather than an app problem. I can receive a call just fine right after starting the app, but once sleep mode kicks in, the phone will no longer ring. Caller can hear the usual number of rings & then my Google voicemail picks up.

When I wake the phone up, I still have the green button at the top indicating I'm still registered with Sipdroid or 3CX, but even then, the phone won't ring until I exit & re-start the app.

It seems like the app is losing contact with the CPU as soon as the phone enters sleep mode, but I can't seem to find a setting to make any type of adjustments to how things function when the phone enters sleep mode.

If it makes a difference, this is all happening over Wifi, no 3g.
Thanks for any help.

OP
J

J.R.B.

Reaction score
Update. I changed the Keepalive interval in 3CXPHONE from 60 to 30. So far, this seems to have fixed the problem The phone can now go into sleep mode and an inbound call will wake it up.

troydroid4

Reaction score
Same problem on droid 4, but wifi and also no wifi. Called verizon, got india, no help. They just tell you how to set it up. I already set it up right, it's just not working. If the phone is silent, nothing rings including my vip callers. Smart actions otherwise work fine. Help?