VOIP Applications, i.e. Sipdroid

otterdude

Reaction score
On another note...
I read an article a few months ago about people hacking their MagicJack. They extracted the sip info from it and were using voip on their 3g with their MJ #. I use MJ for my home but I might get another on to fiddle around with.

Last edited:

ionhsmith

Reaction score
SIP, skype, Fring, PBXes. None work

Guys I have tried Fring, sipdroid, and pbx and i cant get any of them to call. I have a paid skype account but it will not make a call through fring. I also have GV anyone can walk me through how to set up trunks sip or anything? I no nothing about this stuff.

orion2001

Reaction score
Guys I have tried Fring, sipdroid, and pbx and i cant get any of them to call. I have a paid skype account but it will not make a call through fring. I also have GV anyone can walk me through how to set up trunks sip or anything? I no nothing about this stuff.
Try following the instructions in the googledoc guide listed in this post:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...22-voip-google-voice-sipdroid.html#post181093

Read it and follow it very carefully. Also make sure to read Section 8 and Section 14 as both have helpful info. Together, if you are careful, you can get it setup even if you don't understand what you're doing. The guide will get you setup with GV->sipdroid->sipsorcery->sipgate

captclueless

Reaction score
Does my phone have to be rooted to use this.

My boss wants to test this out on my droid, because at some point in the future they plan on buying unlocked phones and using them only on our wifi voip network to make internal calls only.

I am a little leary about letting him mess with my phone for work stuff, and I don't want my phone getting all f-ed up because of it. Should I be concerned.

kiwiguy

Reaction score

Give WingBee a try - it is a new app that only came on the market last week. I have been successfully making VOIP calls using it for the past 4 days.

I wrote up detailed step-by-step instructions on how to use it here

[ I had also tried Fring - and it was useless due to the lag]

orion2001

Reaction score
Does my phone have to be rooted to use this.

My boss wants to test this out on my droid, because at some point in the future they plan on buying unlocked phones and using them only on our wifi voip network to make internal calls only.

I am a little leary about letting him mess with my phone for work stuff, and I don't want my phone getting all f-ed up because of it. Should I be concerned.

Nope, no need to root and it is not going to mess any phone setting up. Most of the settings are on the Sipgate/sipsorcery side. On the phone all you really have is Sipdroid running as an app, with some settings. Worst case you can kill the app/uninstall it and your phone will be fine.

Patricklbc

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been doing research on SIP VOIP for Droid. Does anyone know of any company that provides soft phone. I came across a site called Callarc.com and apparently they have SIP VOIP dialer for voip for Free International calls but it is in the beta stages.

Any help?
Thanks
Patrick