VOIP Applications, i.e. Sipdroid

xlapus

Reaction score
Well, the search function works. Kinda. At least I won't be starting a new thread right?

Is there any way to get Skype to get work with Sipdroid?

If you don't already have a Gizmo5 account, are you just out of luck if you get a Google Voice invite as far as tying them together, or are they the same thing now?

xlapus

Reaction score
Any info on the above?

Is there a way to get a Gizmo account if you have a GV account, or do you have to go hunting for someone who has one they're not using who'll trade you?

Also, I've been looking, but it's escaping me: how can you set up other voip providers with sipdroid? It seems like it should be possible to use your skype account, but I have no idea how.

Last edited:

otterdude

Reaction score
I am using Skype with Fring. works ok but alot of latency. about 6 second lag.
Sipdroid using the Gizmo5/Google Voice solution seems to be working alot better and only about 2 seconds of lag. plus sipdroid has a dialer pad which is good for automated systems. Whereas Fring doesnt have a dialer. Still would love to see a true Skype branded VoIP app instead of the beta POS they have out. What Douche thought that was a good idea?

xlapus

Reaction score
Does skype with fring work over your data connection, or your phone? And just to make sure - it works with the Motorola Droid, yes?

fegul

Reaction score
Does skype with fring work over your data connection, or your phone? And just to make sure - it works with the Motorola Droid, yes?

It does work but it takes a while to connect and the latency is pretty bad

xlapus

Reaction score
This is strange. Right after I get Fring set up, Pandora now only plays through the earpiece, and not the speaker. I'm going to try it again and see if it does the same thing after an uninstall+reboot.

synaptyc

Reaction score
My situation is as follows:
I bought a new DROID that had not been activated yet. (waiting on other contract to expire).
I am trying to setup VOIP using WiFi for Gizmo5+Google Voice.

I went to www.google.com/gizmo5 and tried to register, but I got this message:

"New user signup has been suspended and will return when we re-launch. To receive information about the re-launch please enter your email address."

I guess i'll have to try Sipgate+Fring for VOIP until Gizmo5 opens again :mad:

Last edited:

bikerboy

Reaction score
Skype with Fring is killing me, I am trying to find a Skype calling programe using my motorola droid over 3g, any ideas please ?
or how can we fix the latency skype with fring has ?
Thanks

otterdude

Reaction score
Skype with Fring is killing me, I am trying to find a Skype calling programe using my motorola droid over 3g, any ideas please ?
or how can we fix the latency skype with fring has ?
Thanks
Dont think there is a way around it. from what I undestand Fring routes the traffic through their servers adding additional hops to the route which gives us the latency issues. I hope someone at Skype reads this cause I'm about to cancel my skype out plan until they give us a true Skype VoIP app