Voicemail password help

xandor

Reaction score
Hmm i may give this a try will i get alerts that i have a voicemail when not in 3g? (I enjoyed that about visual) because i dont always leave 3g on

Google voice will send a copy to your gmail account and can even send you a text. Why disable 3g, anyway?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Crf450r420

Reaction score
This drives me nuts. For the last 10 years I've had it this way so I guess you could say I've gotten use to it. Now it just annoys me more and more each time.

Crf450r420

Reaction score
Solution...

Talked to Verizon and got them to send me the Motorola Android Support # 800-734-5870.

Called them and got this info emailed to me and it works. Looks like people using the stock multi-touch keyboard would never have this problem, but everyone using swype or slide-it (like me) do have the problem.

Note there were images in the email, but they didn't show up. I don't think I could have got them to post on here without a lot of work anyways.

***** Summary *****
DROID 2 - Voicemail

***** Question ***** How do I access my voicemail or change my voicemail number?

***** Answer ***** There are multiple ways to access voicemail on your handset

For Visual Voicemail instructions, Click Here

When you have a new voicemail, a voicemail icon shows at the top of your screen.

Pull down notification tray and tap on voicemail icon to dial voicemail.

Tap on your voicemail icon to bring up voicemail application which shows number of available voicemails and gives you the opportunity to access via audio call through the phone (Call Voicemail) or sign up for Visual Voicemail feature. You may need to enter existing voicemail password for your phone number or create a new voicemail password when accessing your voicemail account.

To access voicemail through handset dialer, tap Phone icon on the bottom left of any of the homescreens:

• Press Dialer icon at top (if not already at dialer)
  • Phone then tap and hold 1 to speed-dial your voicemail account..
  • Voicemail access number is *86. It is not recommended to change number from *86

***** Summary *****
DROID 2 - Pause Dialing

***** Question ***** How can I set up my phone to dial calls using the Pause and Wait features?

***** Answer ***** Pause Dialing for Voicemail and Calling Card Dialing
There are two types of pauses available on your phone.

Wait: Inserting a wait will send the next set of numbers when prompted (a pop up will appear on the phone asking if the next digits should be sent, click yes to send the digits).
Pause: Inserting a pause will automatically send the next set of numbers after three seconds. To work with some phone systems, 2-3 pauses may be required.

• Change Input method to Multi-touch Keyboard to input wait and pause commands.

Add a Pause or Wait to a Voicemail Number:

1. In portrait mode, select the Home key
  2. Press Menu
  3. Touch Settings
  4. Touch Call Settings
  5. Touch Voicemail Settings
  6. Touch the Voicemail Number (*86) in the text box (Hold text box until menu appears & change Input method to Multi-touch Keyboard). DO NOT REMOVE THE *86
  7. Using the multi-touch keyboard, Tap the symbol button "*#("

8. Selection for Wait and Pause will appear on the keyboard. Apply as many pause and wait commands as needed:
  9. Tap the 123 button to go back to the numeric keypad and enter additional numbers as needed
  10. Click Done, then OK when complete

Adding pause or wait to a contact or when dialing from the Phone Screen

1. In portrait mode, select the Phone icon to bring up Recent Calls or Dialer. Select Dialer.
  2. Dial the desired number using the keypad
  3. To add a pause or wait, tap Menu

4. Tap Add pause to add pause commands, Tap Add wait to add Wait commands to end of number.
  5. Continue to Add to contacts or dial number

From the Contacts screen

1. Select New contact or locate the existing contact you would like to add a pause/wait command to.
  2. Highlight the phone box (a number may already be there if this is an existing contact), tap and hold it. Change input method to multi-touch keyboard.
  3. Using the multi-touch keyboard, Tap the symbol button "*#("
  4. Selection for Pause or Wait will appear on the keyboard. Apply as many pause and wait commands as needed:
  5. Tap the 123 to go back to the numeric keypad and enter additional numbers as needed
  6. Tap Done when complete

Last edited: