Voicemail password bypass

c_law23

Reaction score
On my old phone i could type "p" i think and it would pause and then i could enter my password and when i dialed my voicemail it would input it for me. When i go to settings>call settings>voicemail settings it allows me to change my number but i cant figure out how to pause.

Sorry but i havent been able to find this via search.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
Haven't done this myself, but I remember reading in other threads that a comma (,) serves as a pause, and that two pauses (so ,,) are needed.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On my old phone i could type "p" i think and it would pause and then i could enter my password and when i dialed my voicemail it would input it for me. When i go to settings>call settings>voicemail settings it allows me to change my number but i cant figure out how to pause.

Sorry but i havent been able to find this via search.

Here you go:

How to store your voicemail password so you don’t have to enter it every time:

1. From the home screen, touch the Menu soft key (four lines located on the bottom of the screen).

2. Touch Settings.
3. Touch Call Settings.
4. Touch Voicemail Settings.
5. Change the number to *86,,XXXX#
each , represents a pause
XXXX is your pin number
6. Now when you call your voicemail it will automatically enter your password for you.

OP
c_law23

c_law23

Reaction score
thank you all very much for your responses :)

edit: wow, duh. I just realized the bottom left key took me to a screen that actually says pause. I thought it just cycled through the couple symbols it showed. geesh.

cepuck

Reaction score
voicemail password by-pass

i used the tip when i set up my droid 2 and it worked. now it doesn't. i checked my settings and is still says *86,,,,xxxx but, i still get the prompt to put in password. help!

scf

Reaction score
I'm guessing too many pauses. I only use one comma "," between the *86 and my pin. Don't forget the # at the end.

deadbird8

Reaction score
i used the tip when i set up my droid 2 and it worked. now it doesn't. i checked my settings and is still says *86,,,,xxxx but, i still get the prompt to put in password. help!

I am setting up a Droid2 now and single comma, multiple commas, spaces, nothing works.

I was having my VM password reset (shows how long its been since I entered it on my BB) and the VzW rep said the Droid 2 doesn't support auto entering the password?????

brinack

Reaction score

I am setting up a Droid2 now and single comma, multiple commas, spaces, nothing works.

I was having my VM password reset (shows how long its been since I entered it on my BB) and the VzW rep said the Droid 2 doesn't support auto entering the password?????

Same problem here. :icon_evil:

LarryE1946

Reaction score
Ok, how do I get this to work when I just hit the "Voicemail" icon? It doesn't want to work. I've changed it to the *86,,XXXX# but when I tap the "Voicemail" icon, she still ask for the password and #. I also tried with just 1 , instead of two, but no go.

bart2546

Reaction score
From what I see, go into your contacts, scroll to the bottom and you should see the voicemail icon again. Click it to open the contact then hit your menu key and click edit and it'll let you edit the number field that is dialed when you click that icon. Hope that works for you.

Regards,
Brandon
Sent from my Verizon Droid X

sharondet

Reaction score
I have a D2G, and I entered the format described above. The voice still says "enter your password" but then it dials it automatically anyway.

LarryE1946

Reaction score
Thanks bart2546 but for some reason that's not working. I edited according to your instructions, but when I tap the icon, and then on Call Voicemail, she still ask for the password. What am I doing wrong? Should I delete the icon and start over?

sharondet

Reaction score
Does it not dial the password anyway? Mine asks for the password, but then automatically dials it without me having to enter it.

bart2546

Reaction score
I'm sorry I really don't know why that wouldn't work, I was just trying to make an educated guess based on playing with the options.

Regards,
Brandon
Sent from my Verizon Droid X