Voicemail notirication icon that won't go away

DroidPDX

Reaction score
Out of the blue, I see a voicemail notification I've never seen before and it won't clear.

I use YouMail, so in the past I've gotten the YouMail icon when I've had a message. My voicemail still points to YouMail's number.

Last night the default voicemail notification showed up (the one that looks like an infinity symbol, sort of). When I bring down the notification message, and click on it, it calls my phone number, and doesn't clear. There is NO clear prompt at the top right when this is up. When other notifications came up, and the clear prompt did show up, clicking on it did not clear the notification icon.

I rebooted the phone--didn't delete it-- and now the message just shows it was left when the reboot was completed.

Can anyone help me get rid of this icon?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Did you call your old voicemail and check to see if their is a message there? I had that prob with youmail and deleted it...

artc33

Reaction score
got your answer here, it happened to me too. it was there for a good two weeks and it would not go away. unfortunately the only thing that worked for me was to do a factory data reset... i know! it is annoying, but not as much as having the icon there, i tried not to mind it but didn't work.

the very first thing you want to do is to get an app called appmanager, when installed, open it, go to menu/select all/batch backup. it will save all of your apps into the memory card.

second: go to call log and write down any numbers without names, trust me, you'll regret it if you don't. also save any text messages with important info that you need.
doing a factory data reset will erase any messages or phone calls.

ok, go to menu/settings/privacy/factory data reset/reset phone.

after you are back in bussines, open app manager and restore. hope this helps you too as it helped me.

OP
DroidPDX

DroidPDX

Reaction score
Yikes. I was hoping that wasn't going to be the solution! Thanks very much. Let me see if any other less drastic suggestions come in (not optimistic), and then I'll proceed.

Did the thing speed up after the factory reset?

OP
DroidPDX

DroidPDX

Reaction score
I did it. Worth it, but a pain in the ass. Had to go through each program and restore, and then of course, all data in the programs is gone.

After about two hours, I think I have it all reconfigured back to where it was.

I sincerely appreciate your suggestion. I figured I'd just go ahead and do it, because there was no way I was going to be able to look at that icon for more than a day, and the time I spent wiping and restoring would probably be less than checking here and writing about it!

It wasn't quite as simple. In the future, I'll check "allow all non-system applications" before I do the restore. That held it up a bit.

DSLBOY

Reaction score
RE: Voice Mail Notification that wont go away

Yikes! reset the phone...take a sledge hammer to fix the problem.

I had the same issue but it was a voicemail slipped by the youmail forward and got into my verizon voicemail.

All you need to do is remove the forward on your youmail account
YouMail - Help Center

Then call into you verizon VM and listen and delete the message.

Icon dissapears and now re-establish your youmail forward through the youmail app.

-DSLdancedroid

altierior

Reaction score
Yikes! reset the phone...take a sledge hammer to fix the problem.

I had the same issue but it was a voicemail slipped by the youmail forward and got into my verizon voicemail.

All you need to do is remove the forward on your youmail account
YouMail - Help Center

Then call into you verizon VM and listen and delete the message.

Icon dissapears and now re-establish your youmail forward through the youmail app.

-DSLdancedroid

WOW, thanks! I know this is an old thread, but I found it by doing a search for this exact issue with the persistent VM notification. This solution worked perfectly.

:hail:

mchbz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG Lucid 2
WOW, thanks! I know this is an old thread, but I found it by doing a search for this exact issue with the persistent VM notification. This solution worked perfectly.

:hail:
Welllll, I just encountered this too, even simpler solution (which doesn't help you now, sorry ) = check your trash and delete everything there. YouMail counted a deleted voicemail as new still. You'd think it'd know the two statuses aren't the same. Ah, well...