voicemail notification stays on

rachelw745

Reaction score
My vm notification will not go away. I have no new messages,tried a battery pull, turned notification off and on and left another vm then deleted it. I know this has been posted. Before but other those users had Google voice and I do not.

scottd21

Reaction score
Did you ever get this figured out? I have no VM but my notification will not go away. I also do not use google voice.

Ken_photo

Reaction score
I do use Google voice and this happened right after I updated it. Never had notifications before for VM and can't get ride of the one that I got/

flopes

Reaction score
still a problem

I too have a voice mail notification that won't go away. I use Google voice too. I had this problem a few months ago and the only recourse was to do a factory reset to clear it. I don't know about you, but I've got a lot of stuff to have to through and re-configure should I pull a reset again.

So..... has anyone else found a better, more elegant solution to this problem.

Thanks,
Frank

wysts43

Reaction score
First off, i do use Google Voice. I have had issues with certain contacts. When they call and leave a message, it leaves the message on my Verizon voice mail, not the google voice mail (no idea why this happens). This causes my verizon voicemail notification to come up. The only way to listen to the voicemail and get the notification to go away is to deactivate my phone from my google voice account and listen to the verizon voicemail as I normally would. Once i have cleared that voicemail i go back and reactivate my phone with google voice.

This is an odd issue, and it is annoying, but i dont have to hard reset the phone at least. Hope this helps!

BelowGrand

Reaction score
My Verizon voicemail counter was stuck at 1. It was 1 whether there were 0 messages or many messages. After a factory reset, it is stuck at 0, whether or not there are messages. I do not get a specific notification at all.

SoDroid

Reaction score
Anyone find a solution for this? I tried deactivating google voice and checking the message after setting carrier voicemail as default. I still have 1 Voicemaill notification but there are no voicemails. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
- On Droid2Global