Voicemail not working at all, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Beka27, Feb 1, 2012.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Beka27

Beka27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I've used Google Voice for messages in the past, but that stopped working a long time ago. So frustrated at never receiving messages, I decided to just set up the regular VZW voicemail. But it seems that I have NO IDEA how to do this.

When I dial my cell phone from my house phone, the phone rings several times and a recording says "We could not complete your call, please try again." There is no option to leave a voicemail.

When I dial *86 from my cell phone, it immediately says "We could not complete your call, please try again."

I've looked at tech support on the VZW site but that is geared towards "run-of-the-mill" phones, and I've searched voicemail on a couple different forums, but I'm still lost.

I am rooted and running Miui 12.1.8. I haven't had voicemail since the last time I SBFed.
  2. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Senior Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Ratings:
    +14
    Call Verizon and ask them to set up your voicemail for you. It's included in your price plan so it should only take a couple of minutes. Btw, don't tell then your phone is rooted. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2!
  3. papatar

papatar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Beka27, did you ever find a solution to you voicemail problem described in OP? I'm having the same issue now whether trying Verizon r Google Voice. thanks
Search tags for this page
android voicemail not working
droid razr voicemail not working
droid x2 voicemail not working
verizon phone voicemail not working

verizon voicemail not working

voicemail not working on android
voicemail not working on droid razr
voicemail not working on droid x
voicemail not working on razr
voicemail not working on verizon phone