Voicemail Issue?

ccolston

Reaction score
I was checking voicemail for the first time today and when I entered my password it told me it was the wrong password. I know that I entered it correctly. I called tech support and while going through the prompts to get to tech support the prompts that I was entering were not registering correctly. Finally got to tech support and they reset my password and still i get that I am entering the wrong password. Anyone else having this problem?

mcmuggy

Reaction score
Having the same issue over here. Using Google Voice but i cant access or disable the standard VM

OP
C

ccolston

Reaction score
can you call any other automated services and have it recognize what you're pressing?

I ended up going in to the verizon store and the recommendation of tech support and as I was waiting to be helped I tried it again and it worked. Really strange. When tech support called to follow up with me he was baffled. I did try another automated system and it didn't work. All is good now. Just really strange.

marty80

Reaction score
I can navigate the Verizon menus via dtmf tones. I changed settings to long. But my voicemail pass code is still not accepted. Vzw tech support said they have an alert on the issue which means they are working on it. They wouldn't give me a reference number for the alert or a callback or email when its fixed. Just said check back later. For now I have to access VM from another phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

marty80

Reaction score
After a lengthy call with tech support, being passed up to a level 2 tech who tried everything without success I was told the problem was a hardware problem. I found that hard to believe since it seems everything related to DTMF generation is done in software. I went back to Costco to return it and in the process we tried calling the salesman's voicemail and his passcode was rejected too. Then we tried it without the speakerphone and it worked! I tried various speakerphone volumes and found that I could access my voicemail using the speakerphone but only with lower volumes! Seems like someone's echo canceller needs some work. I'm not sure if its the phone's or the receiving end's EC.

OP
C

ccolston

Reaction score
Having the same issue over here. Using Google Voice but i cant access or disable the standard VM

I've figured out the problem with my phone. If you check voicemail or use any automated system while on speakerphone it does not work. However, if I take it off of speakerphone it works. I have not called verizon yet to let them know as I just discovered this but will post what they say later. In the meantime, if you're having the same issue try doing it while speakerphone is off.

OP
C

ccolston

Reaction score
After a lengthy call with tech support, being passed up to a level 2 tech who tried everything without success I was told the problem was a hardware problem. I found that hard to believe since it seems everything related to DTMF generation is done in software. I went back to Costco to return it and in the process we tried calling the salesman's voicemail and his passcode was rejected too. Then we tried it without the speakerphone and it worked! I tried various speakerphone volumes and found that I could access my voicemail using the speakerphone but only with lower volumes! Seems like someone's echo canceller needs some work. I'm not sure if its the phone's or the receiving end's EC.

Just read your post after I posted.....

My phone does the same thing. I tried turning down the volume on the speakerphone and it worked.

marty80

Reaction score
Just read your post after I posted.....

My phone does the same thing. I tried turning down the volume on the speakerphone and it worked.

Seems like that confirms it then. But I really think it should work at full volume.