Voice to Text Issues

nwdixieboy

Reaction score
When is Android going to get some sort of fix on their app where it learns to recognize your dialect? I am Southern and I don't know how one is supposed to say "a" ( a very common word) but when I say it it always understands me to say "hey" and never learns from this. How do people with Hindi or Boston or Bronx accents fare? I would imagine not so well either. I can understand other issues where an s at the end of a word could sound like two separate combination of words. Any thoughts on this?

newbroot83

Reaction score
When is Android going to get some sort of fix on their app where it learns to recognize your dialect? I am Southern and I don't know how one is supposed to say "a" ( a very common word) but when I say it it always understands me to say "hey" and never learns from this. How do people with Hindi or Boston or Bronx accents fare? I would imagine not so well either. I can understand other issues where an s at the end of a word could sound like two separate combination of words. Any thoughts on this?

Im from southeast ky. Ive always had the same problem. The note 2 is the first phone to actually understand me. There is a good app called dragon that did pretty well for me too.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

OP
N

nwdixieboy

Reaction score
Im from southeast ky. Ive always had the same problem. The note 2 is the first phone to actually understand me. There is a good app called dragon that did pretty well for me too.

Do you use Dragon instead of Google when dictating? Dragon is great on my computer. It learns your dialect??

newbroot83

Reaction score
OP
N

nwdixieboy

Reaction score
Yes. Its a great app. I used it as my default. Heres the link. Give it a try. You may not like it as well as I did or you may love it. Only one way to tell :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nuance.balerion

I have not been able to use it as my default voice dictation input on Hangouts, messaging, email and facebook. I can use it only if I am lucky enough for it to the Dragon Assistant to find a contact and send a messsage or email through the app. This is impractical for my daily needs. Darn. In my voice apps in settings I see no way to make it supercede Google voice.

OP
N

nwdixieboy

Reaction score
I tried the alternate voice to text program that starts with "V" and so far I like it far better than the Google Voice and it doesn't say "hey" for "a".