Voice & text alert on , ... Smart Phone??

Beerman

Reaction score
I am trying out D2 w/ 2.2 and am amazed to find that the most basic and important function of the non smart phones is absent on the new ones.
I find it hard to believe that there is no standardized feature set for this .
I wear a holster set , works great by the way and a blinking light does not cut it. The idea that I have nothing better to do then stare at the phone evry few minutes looking for the light of Zartha......
Cmon....
I did find one App after two days of freezing , restoring and reloading etc that works on Vmail consistently. The worst part of this search is the realization that apps are sometimes evil..... oh and foreign service fees on purchased apps...... thats a plus no one tells you about.
Still not sure if the Duh Roid is worth it.
Ok i'm done ranting.
Has anyone heard of or had any success with notification apps

Thanks
The Beerman

OP
B

Beerman

Reaction score
I will , thanks for the info.
Have you tried it?

OP
B

Beerman

Reaction score
email repeat notify

I looked at the app you mentioned , but it didn't seem to be for the function I needed. Thanks for the input though.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What exactly are you looking to achieve with a notification app? Like what functionality is missing from the phone that you're looking to add?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

_33

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the phone has all sorts of notification setups. I use Handcent for my texting and it flashes the light, vibrates, sets off my custom ringtone and notifies me every 15 minutes (adjustable) if I don't read one. Not sure what you want though.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the phone has all sorts of notification setups. I use Handcent for my texting and it flashes the light, vibrates, sets off my custom ringtone and notifies me every 15 minutes (adjustable) if I don't read one. Not sure what you want though.
What he said^^^. Even if you dont use HandCent, the stock messaging app also has notification tones.

FaceBook app/Social Widget has notification tones, as well as the Stock E-mail app, and Gmail for that matter.

So, exactly what is the question? How do you set the tones? What tones to use? Where to set the tones? What app to use to do all of this?

OP
B

Beerman

Reaction score
Voicemail notification (reminder )

It seems I have created confusion and grammar issues with my post.
Let me ask plainly without the aggregated diatribe.
I need an app that will give repeated reminders of message waiting.
Currently the phone blings once and blinks. I where a holster which blocks the light.
I have a job that requires me to go places and perform involved tasks that don't allow me the luxury of looking at the phone for missed calls or messages at all times.
My point was that an update coming would hopefully have what in the past is a basic function.
Thanks for any help on this in advance

superglen99

Reaction score
There are settings to remind you of missed sms or missed calls or missed whatever and keep reminding you till you read them. They can be the led, a sound, vibration, or a mix and match of those at whatever interval you want. Just do some searching around within each app and check the apps listed in this thread. That should do it for you.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Jitterbug offers a deal on phones.... maybe that's more down you alley

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

billyidle

Reaction score
Once again Beer, you're lacking a question. Here is what I understand, you cannot look at your phone while at work. What do you want? Maybe if you tell us specifically what you want to happen with your phone, we can help you find a solution.
Do you want the LED to blink constantly until you clear the notifications yourself? My phone does that stock as is, is that not happening with yours?
Or do you want it to vibrate instead?
Or perhaps a notification sound?

Last edited: