1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

voice search only works sometimes

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by Tracey4, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Tracey4

Tracey4 New Member

Does anyone else have this issue? Sometimes it works great and sometimes it just hangs there like it's thinking but nothing ever happens. I've already done a factory reset.

I also noticed that sometimes when i open the browser to the google page and press go to search nothing happens. I hit the go button over and over and nothing.

I'm getting so frustrated. I hope they plan to fix these issues. Or maybe i need a replacement for my phone?
  2. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

How good is your service?? I mean signal strength.. some people have been having connectivity issues again since ics..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
  3. Tracey4

Tracey4 New Member

I was using wifi this time, but I've also done it on 4g and had that problem. I will say each time has been in my house. But it will show the 4g symbol and 3 bars. Also, not sure if this matters but sometimes the wifi and 4g symbols are blue and sometimes they are gray. I don't know what that means because I've been able to surf the Web on both colors.
  4. Tracey4

Tracey4 New Member

I just tried turning wifi off completely and it seems to be working now. I have a feeling it is the wifi that is causing the problem. It's like whatever picks up wifi in the phone is weaker now. My router is pretty weak in range but i never had this issue on gingerbread.
  5. shabumee

shabumee New Member

voice text erases when press go or magn glass

This has started happening for me a week ago it's very frustrating when the text erases when you try to press to go or search
Search tags for this page

do you need wifi for voice search

google voice works intermittently ice cream sandwich

ice cream sandwich voice search not working

offline voice search apps for ics android

sometimes my google voice search works and sometimes it does

voice search only works in my house