voice search miscues

rod

Reaction score
has anyone out there used the voice search to search for one thing and been returned results that stopped you dead in your tracks? there have been a few times ive searched for one thing and been returned something (while it sounds somewhat similar) that was completely off base. last night, i had one of those moments.

i was searching for an address, and spoke "bayou black gym" into the phone. i turned my phone to the people around me to show them how it worked, and google returned the results as "buy a black jew". :icon_eek:

so yeah... a little embarrassing. scratch that, very embarrassing. anyone else had an instance like this? be it by yourself or with other people? ive definitely learned my lesson, ill keep the search results to myself from now on...

bad droid.:angry:

lumpysherman

Reaction score
So...How much was that alternative purchase?

I know very poor taste but I couldn't let it go. Sorry if I have offended.

angelman

Reaction score
I can't quite remember what I was asking for but all it would return was "young girls" and then proceeded to show me on google maps where I could find some young girls. Strangely the young girls only seemed to reside in the New York area (strange because I am on the west coast)... I kept repeating my search term and all it would return was "young girls"

OP
rod

rod

Reaction score
So...How much was that alternative purchase?

I know very poor taste but I couldn't let it go. Sorry if I have offended.

i thought my post could be taken as offensive also, but i hoped it wouldnt. i started this thread so hopefully we could all have a little fun with the strange misunderstandings between our droids and ourselves.

i would also like to take this opportunity to add that nearly everytime i voice search for something within my city "houma", it returns results with the word "homo" instead. im learning that the droid is not very politically correct at times. ive resorted to over-enunciating the word so its sounds like "hommmmme-UH!" i feel like im teaching the droid to speak. :huh:

Sleeve

Reaction score
There's a bathroom on the right. Excuse me while I kiss this guy. She is so funky, yeah.

Can you blame the poor Droid?

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Actually on topic this time, I have used my voice search with limited results. I always thought is was due to poor phonetics, aka mumbling. Maybe it is the Droid.

Note to self, don't bad mouth the Droid, it can sense it.