1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Voice search issues

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by sir2545, May 27, 2011.

1. sir2545

sir2545 New Member

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone else has tried to use voice search? I tried to use it and it never works correctly. Most of the time it only catches the last thing that I say and I end up with a Google search for whatever I was trying to tell it to do. Could someone try it out and see if they are having the same issues so I'll know if it's a software issue or if I got a bad phone. Thanks guys

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  2. deere_x475guy

deere_x475guy New Member

I had that issue along with many others on the store model....the sales rep did a factory reset on it and it didn't help at all....I passed on this one.
  3. sir2545

sir2545 New Member

I like the phone but I use voice search a lot and it's gonna be a deal breaker for me if I can't get it working. Thanks for the reply

4. deere_x475guy

deere_x475guy New Member

Oh..and if you are connected with bluetooth it pick up voice thorought the BT mic...we tried several...

I settled on the droid X2...the BT is perfect and takes BT voice input on Skype also.
  5. sir2545

sir2545 New Member

Well I figured out that it wasn't an issue with the phone at all. After an hour in the Verizon Store, I got a new handset because the ones in the store were working fine. After my apps loaded it stopped working again so I uninstalled all of my apps thinking one of them may be the culprit. Still didn't work, so I signed with a new Google account and bam, it worked fine. I had to go to the Google dashboard on my original account and delete the voice recognition data that had been collected and now it works fine. Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

6. RufusButters

RufusButters New Member

Where on the Google Dashboard can you delete voice recognition data? I can't find anything on my dashboard's web page for that. Thx!
  7. sir2545

sir2545 New Member

Its under Speech. Click Anonymize Recognition.