Voice recorder

hashbrownluver

Reaction score
Thanks for the response of my questions regarding best video player for wmv files. It worked, okay so what about a voice recorder any suggestions for the D2Global?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

kkeys147

Reaction score
I use Hi-Q MP3 Recorder by Yuku. I've only had it for a week or so but I love it! Easy start up, sound quality is great for me.
No extra converter needed, it records straight to mp3, then I upload to google music and can play my notes back while I drive or whatever.
It has many features for tweaking sound; but really I haven't messed with them too much.

captain howdy

Reaction score
I use the stock voice recorder. Long press on the screen. Select short cut, select activities then scroll down open sound recorder and select the file. It will put a short cut on the screen

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Scimino

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I have a very simple question. I need a app that can record a conversation while talking on my bionic. I need it for court purposes to protect myself from evil ex. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you and have a lovely night.

Sent from my Ice Cream Sandwhich using DroidForums

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
I think there is one called "Drama Queen".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find that app in the market

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

I think there was a bit of sarcasm in the suggestion. :)

I see Call Recorder, Record My Call, AllCallRecorder, and AutoCallRecoder. Some are free and some have paid versions. You may have to try several as the apps don't seem to work with all phones.

Looking at http://gpsmaestro.com/how-to-record-calls-on-android-phones/ it appears that Google Voice will record incoming, but not outgoing calls. You do this by going to https://www.google.com/voice/#callsettings and checking "Call Options." When you press "4" it'll start recording, with an announcement that recording is starting. Press "4" again to stop. I will say that I can't get the option to save (although others have).

Scimino

Reaction score
Thank u aaf709. Excuse me Taylor for being a drama queen but when ur trying to fight court to see your kids stuff like that can be helpful.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried several and none seems to work. It seems to have to do with Motorola. With Google Voice you have to port your phone over to them for recording to work.

Scimino

Reaction score
Thanks for your efforts! But it turns out I really shouldn't do it anyway. Its illegal if I don't tell the person their being recorded. I'll fiqure something else out. Thanks again!

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
Thank u aaf709. Excuse me Taylor for being a drama queen but when ur trying to fight court to see your kids stuff like that can be helpful.

My apologies. I was just kidding.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I tried several and none seems to work. It seems to have to do with Motorola. With Google Voice you have to port your phone over to them for recording to work.

I think this has to do with laws for recording telephone conversations. Each state varies on what they want, some let you do it, and others require the other lines consent.

OP, if you have a lawyer, I would make sure that you can record without other lines consent. Just to be on the safe side.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think this has to do with laws for recording telephone conversations. Each state varies on what they want, some let you do it, and others require the other lines consent.

All the ones I tried had reviews by people on phones other than Motorola. Even so I see your point. The Google Voice option was the only one that said "This call is being recorded" when you started.

Scimino

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys! Sorry I kinda lost my temper Taylor. It was not a good night. The person I'm going to court with ended saying things through email that will definitely help me.