Voice recognition works only "fair"

OP
C

Cairo

Reaction score
So far it does appear to improve things for me.

Thanks a lot

belome

Reaction score
I want to inlude a big thank you as well... I just ran through mine.

OP
C

Cairo

Reaction score
I have to say that this forum has made my Droid experience great

KingLo

Reaction score
The trainer is for verizon's version of voice command. Google's voice command doesnt have it . To reach Verizon's version go to settings ---> applications---> Under "Double tap home launch" option choose voice command. After that double tap your home button wait for voice commands to load. When the screen asks for a command, Press the menu button (bottom left button beside home button) and choose setting-----> adaptations and itll start voice training

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The trainer is for verizon's version of voice command. Google's voice command doesnt have it . To reach Verizon's version go to settings ---> applications---> Under "Double tap home launch" option choose voice command. After that double tap your home button wait for voice commands to load. When the screen asks for a command, Press the menu button (bottom left button beside home button) and choose setting-----> adaptations and itll start voice training

I used the method that pool_shark recommended. It worked fine. I tried your method and all I got was a voice search and a microphone.

What's wrong with doing it the way pool_shark says?

KingLo

Reaction score

I used the method that pool_shark recommended. It worked fine. I tried your method and all I got was a voice search and a microphone.

What's wrong with doing it the way pool_shark says?
did hit page 2 when I was reading. delete my post please.

born2golf

Reaction score
Personally, I've been completely shocked with how well the voice command have been working. I'm a new yorker that speak too fast and have never had any success with voice recognition in the past.

That said, vlingo seems to work even better than the stock voice recognition and would recommend giving it a try, and you can so more with it. So far the only drawback with vlingo is that it does not or cannot install as the default voice command app so you need to click it to start using it, and it currently doesn't take input via bluetooth. But it does work great. You can even send text and email with it, completely voice driven.

razingkane

Reaction score
Phwee! I thought I had the 1st Droid2 with a hearing problem. I dove into the Voice Command this morning. Absolutely nothing worked. Call Debbee brought up Cody, DCU, Gator. Call Dave brought up Debbee, Cody, Nick. I couldn't get the voice command to work for any one in my contacts.

Obviously.....because I'm here in this thread I was able to access the Voice Command training. Everything is working perfectly now.

icon_%20banana.gif
Thank you to everyone who asks and answers questions in this thread. I certainly appreciate it.dancedroid

[email protected]

Reaction score
KMBrowser

I would say that the Droid2 voice recognition works "only fair" is being extremely generous. Although voice message transcription is "fair" I find that attempting to dial through voice is a dismal failure.

LrdAnkh

Reaction score
It wont improve things for me and i have tried it twice.