Voice recognition works only "fair"

Cairo

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with voice recognition software in general however the on-board piece that comes preloaded with the droid too seems to operate poorly. Is there an app that works better?

OP
C

Cairo

Reaction score
No. Wow. Any idea how to access the settings menu?

Thanks for that!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Voice recognition works great for me on my D2 but this is not the first time I've seen someone recommend voice training. I too would like to know where the settings are for this because I don't see them in my D2.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Voice recognition works great for me on my D2 but this is not the first time I've seen someone recommend voice training. I too would like to know where the settings are for this because I don't see them in my D2.

You said the option wasn't there. Mine is no longer there either since I did the training. Are you sure you didn't already do it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You said the option wasn't there. Mine is no longer there either since I did the training. Are you sure you didn't already do it?

lol, well now I'm pretty sure I didn't. I'm getting a bit older but I think I'd remember that. :)

In my Google Voice recognition settings I have Language, Safe Search, Block Offensive Words and Show Hints. That's all.

pool_shark

Reaction score

lol, well now I'm pretty sure I didn't. I'm getting a bit older but I think I'd remember that. :)

In my Google Voice recognition settings I have Language, Safe Search, Block Offensive Words and Show Hints. That's all.

I wonder if the option was removed after the 2.2.20 update.
That's all I have now as well, but there was an option that had you read off a number of sentences, it took about 10 minutes to complete.

OP
C

Cairo

Reaction score
That's all I have also and I don't remember training

belome

Reaction score
I had a thread asking about this too. I think one night i was going to go through the training and decided it was goign to take too long and decided not to do it. Now the option is gone

OP
C

Cairo

Reaction score
If there was originally a one time training option, there must be a way to re-open the trainer.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I found it.

It's in the voice command app itself.

Open the voice commands, menu - settings - adaptation - adapt voice.

OP
C

Cairo

Reaction score
Good work!

I just went through the process. I'll see if that improves things for me.

Thanks so much!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm not following you. I've tried several times. I've gone to the applications menu/manage applications and gone to voice commands and pressing menu does nothing. I've tried the voice input/output settings and menu key does nothing.

You have to be leaving out a step, or I'm just not intelligent enough to pick up what you're putting down.

pool_shark

Reaction score

I'm not following you. I've tried several times. I've gone to the applications menu/manage applications and gone to voice commands and pressing menu does nothing. I've tried the voice input/output settings and menu key does nothing.

You have to be leaving out a step, or I'm just not intelligent enough to pick up what you're putting down.

Open the voice commands application from the app drawer.