voice recognition stopped recognizing anything I say since Jelly bean update

franr

Reaction score
Updated Droid RAZR Maxx. Cannot voice dial. It does not recognize anything I say, it "fails".
Any tips, please.

SallyC

Reaction score
With the dialer pad open, press on the microphone and choose Voice Command, then Always. Does that help?

JDH

Reaction score
That is opposite of my job experience, I could not use voice rail or voice commands with ICS. It never once got anything I
Said right. Not once!!
Now with the 4.1.2 I have great results with all voice apps, even sent email without a single mistake.
Don't give up on it, it is definetly worth getting it working as intended.

Last edited:

shaislet

Reaction score
Droid 4 voice command issues

With the dialer pad open, press on the microphone and choose Voice Command, then Always. Does that help?

It might work on Razr but doesn't on Droid 4. Google voice seems to have displaced the option to select which you prefer, at least as far as the method you suggested, or
anywhere in settings.

Any other ideas? I'm not rooted but considering for reason such as this.

Voice command seems to be by far the best Speech recognition app, at least as far as basic hands free options are concerned. I haven't had good results with google.

OP
F

franr

Reaction score
Google Voice and I do not play well together

When I attempted SallyC's suggestion, my phone dialed someone (of course did not sound anything like I said). I have learned to say "call" before the name which I did not need to do before Jelly Bean, but it does not understand me and calls people I have no intention of calling.

Last edited:
OP
F

franr

Reaction score
How do I Improve Voice Search: It gets everything I say wrong

Since the Jelly Bean Update, I can no longer tell my phone to call someone; it will call someone, but never the person I am trying to reach. Pretty annoying, especially for poor Judy M which I am trying for Judy G.

I tried Sally's suggestion, but I could not reach option,

audinutt

Reaction score
Since the Jelly Bean Update, I can no longer tell my phone to call someone; it will call someone, but never the person I am trying to reach. Pretty annoying, especially for poor Judy M which I am trying for Judy G.

I tried Sally's suggestion, but I could not reach option,

go to the playstore update google search.
then try sally's suggestion should work now.

Last edited:
OP
F

franr

Reaction score
It worked. Thank you. Thank SallyC and you

audinutt said:
go to the playstore update google search.
then try sally's suggestion shoukd work now.

me4droid

Reaction score
Thanks for this thread!! It was driving me crazy to use bluetooth and not be able to make calls--it would just pick random people to call. Now I can use my voice commands again! I had to do the google search update first.