voice not synced with movie

Nick177th

Reaction score
I noticed that when I back up a movie from DVD to my Droid, the voice is not synced to the movie. When I play it on my PC it's fine. When I move it to my Droid, it starts off fine but, about 15 or 20 minutes into the movie, the voices are not synced correctly. I mean, it's not as bad as an old Godzilla movie but, it's noticeable. Any solutions? Thanks in advance.

D

dvdcatalyst

It could be a buffer issue, or a bitrate issue.

When you reset your droid (batterypull) and play the movie again, move the position a bit further, does it happen again after 15-20 minutes (buffering issue) or does it happen at the same point in the movie (bitrate issue)?

MrTommy

Reaction score
Since many times I find the vids I shoot with the Droid are off-sync, I think it's perfectly understandable that imported movies get messed up as well. Both cases are irritating.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
What converter are you using? Try HandBrake, use the iPod Touch/iPhone settings, but change the video settings to 480x854 (or as close as you can get it).

D

dvdcatalyst

When I play it on my PC it's fine. When I move it to my Droid, it starts off fine but, about 15 or 20 minutes into the movie, the voices are not synced correctly.

What converter are you using?

I don't think the converter is the problem here, however, if 2-pass or constant-quality-encoding is used, its possible that the bitrate of the video during faster scenes exceeds the capabilities of the device. This usually results in dropped/freezing frames, but could also affect audio-sync.

vids I shoot with the Droid are off-sync, I think it's perfectly understandable that imported movies get messed up as well.

If the video plays fine on the PC, I don't think it's an issue related to the movie region. If it was, the movie would play off-sync on both the PC and the Droid.

OP
Nick177th

Nick177th

Reaction score
dvdcatalyst, still having the same problem after battery pull. if it's a bitrate issue, is there a fix for it? I'm not that well versed on video stuff.

D

dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst, still having the same problem after battery pull. if it's a bitrate issue, is there a fix for it? I'm not that well versed on video stuff.

* Does it happen at the same spot every time?
* When you do a battery pull, play the video again, and move the play-position further, does it happen then?

If it happens at the same location every time, its a bitrate issue, which basically points to the way the video file was created (your conversion tool/conversion settings) Basically lower the bitrate or use a different conversion tool to convert the movie again.

Do you have issues with the trailers in this thread

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/15161-droid-optimized-movie-trailers.html

Pick the ones where I mentioned Droid HQ2 profile.

MrTommy

Reaction score
If the video plays fine on the PC, I don't think it's an issue related to the movie region. If it was, the movie would play off-sync on both the PC and the Droid.

I've not tried to transfer it to my PC. I just swap vids with friends. Since we're all truck drivers, all the stuff we see out on the road gets sent around to everyone else. Never was an issue with my old LG enV2. Now that I've got the fancy phone, I'm catching hell from everyone else when my vids don't sync right. It's not all the time, of couse. Just sometimes, and I haven't spent enough time trying to figure out if certain kinds of vids are more prone to the problem than others (like length, subject matter, etc). :icon_evil:

D

dvdcatalyst

I've not tried to transfer it to my PC. I just swap vids with friends. Since we're all truck drivers, all the stuff we see out on the road gets sent around to everyone else. Never was an issue with my old LG enV2. Now that I've got the fancy phone, I'm catching hell from everyone else when my vids don't sync right. It's not all the time, of couse. Just sometimes, and I haven't spent enough time trying to figure out if certain kinds of vids are more prone to the problem than others (like length, subject matter, etc). :icon_evil:

Ah, I thought your response was to the initial topic-start.

Your issue is different. There are other threads on the forum here in regards of sync issues with recordings done on the Droid itself.

Here are a few that mention recording issues:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/38744-video-speed-help.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...hoppiness-pixelation.html?highlight=recording

There is a few more, but I can't seem to find them in a reasonable amount of time.