Voice navigation like on droid?

Shoop

Reaction score
I was wondering if the incredible has voice navigatio like the droid does.

On my droid you could voice search Best Buy and it would go on the internet and search for it. It would also pull up the Best Buys in the general area you were in and you could then click on directions to get navigation directions to the best buy.
Does the incredible do this? Whenever I do a search on the incredible I do not get the local stores in the general area I'm in.

Thanks

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine why it wouldn't have it. Supposedly next greatest phone and with a step backwards on capability? Wouldn't make sense. That's one of the many features I love about the droid now.

cheapdroids

Reaction score
Yes it ha Google Navigation. When I search for bestbuy I see Google results with the closest to me. Then click on map, then then button. Once there click on the location and select Navigate.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

OP
S

Shoop

Reaction score
I figured it out. After it does a google search you have to click local at the top and then you can use the navigation.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I figured it out. After it does a google search you have to click local at the top and then you can use the navigation.

You should be able to do it by voice. On the Droid we can tap search, tap microphone and simply say "Navigate to....." and it will set it up for you.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Google maps on the Incredible has exactly the same features as on the Droid.

tsaro

Reaction score
I wish you were right, but my DRINC doesn't respond to voice commands that way. I can use the mic to transcribe voice into text, but not to make the phone execute commands, like "Navigate". From what I understand, this is a shortcoming related to the phone's Google heritage and shared by the Nexus 1. I'm hoping for a software update someday (but not holding my breath).

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I wish you were right, but my DRINC doesn't respond to voice commands that way. I can use the mic to transcribe voice into text, but not to make the phone execute commands, like "Navigate". From what I understand, this is a shortcoming related to the phone's Google heritage and shared by the Nexus 1. I'm hoping for a software update someday (but not holding my breath).

I can use voice commands. I will say "Directions to Ice Cream" and it will come up with local ice cream places for me to choose from.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score

I can use voice commands. I will say "Directions to Ice Cream" and it will come up with local ice cream places for me to choose from.

I just said "navigate to Best Buy" on my Incredible and it performs exactly the same as my droid.. im calling "user error"

tsaro

Reaction score
User error should be my middle name(s). I didn't realize I had to start on the navigation screen. Now why isn't there a way to dial the phone using voice commands (another dumb mistake on my part?).

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,

Ya just click on the microphone and say "call joe" it will bring up all joe _______ listed in your contacts ready to dial...