Voice mail notifications?

dll932

Reaction score
It would be nice to have the phone tell me if I got a voicemail (the way my old "phone" phone did), but I don't see a way to do this. Ideas?

Thumper105

Reaction score
We need the noise

I agree! I just got my Ally and can't believe it doesn't have some kind of beep or something to tell you when you have a voice mail. I can't look at my phone constantly and a beep would have saved me several missed calls when my phone is sitting somewhere in my house for an extended time when I don't have it on me. Seems like simple technology that is in older phones. Can't believe they went backwards and didn't included it in a droid phone.

OP
D

dll932

Reaction score
Yeah, I wish it had voice command like my Samsung Glide did, too; push one button on the Bluetooth, the phone would ask who you wanted to call. You'd say who and it would dial pretty dependably. Having to look at the phone while driving is dangerous.

I found "easy reminder" at the Market, seems to work OK for voicemail notification so far. Also found "Bluplug," automatically turns on Bluetooth when you plug in the power adaptor in the lighter socket-works well.

"Smart Call Widget" shows your favorite contacts on the front screen at least, just touch to dial. I just got "Fast Call," we'll see how that works.

Seems that as a phone, the Ally is mediocre.

Last edited:

Thumper105

Reaction score
I'll have to check out that "easy reminder." Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't really used the bluetooth at all yet. I don't have a wireless ear piece so it's just as easy to hold the phone to my ear as it is to hold it in my hand with a wire going to the ear plugs in my ear.

OP
D

dll932

Reaction score
Even without bluetooth, voice command still worked-and you could always use speakerphone.