Voice mail notification???

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Ok am I missing something or does the Droid not have a notification for voice mails. I had two missed calls yesterday but nothing about any voice mails showed up. Good thing I checked because I actually had two.

garyhesq

Reaction score
My indicator works fine but I would like to find a repeating notification and custom sound program. I have custom repeating sounds on all my other notification types but I can't seem to find anything for VM. Any ideas?

ToyBoy

Reaction score
I have a similar problem and posted about it yesterday. No VM notification in the tool bar, but I get a text from Verizon to check my VVM. But I don't have or want VVM.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Gary: Check out missed call. Has repeating alerts for missed calls, SMS and other things. You can also set the sound for each type of alert.

garyhesq

Reaction score
Gary: Check out missed call. Has repeating alerts for missed calls, SMS and other things. You can also set the sound for each type of alert.

Thanks for the info. I tried it but I couldn't find any setting for voice mail.

pennyb617

Reaction score
Voicemail sound notification has no timed intervals

I have the same problem. I need the voicemail sound notification to keep sounding off every 2 minutes or so. The droid sounds off once and never again. Is there a way to set an timed interval? I added the missed calls app and it's wonderful but doesn't work for voicemail.

garyhesq

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I need the voicemail sound notification to keep sounding off every 2 minutes or so. The droid sounds off once and never again. Is there a way to set an timed interval? I added the missed calls app and it's wonderful but doesn't work for voicemail.

I still haven't been able to find anything but I imagine it's just a matter of time before someone releases something. I came from a WM6 device and loved PocketMax Phone Alarm. It's extremely customizable. I put in a request for a Droid program but I have not heard back.

:Da:D

Reaction score
I too am having problems with voicemail notifications on my Motorola Droid! I've tried all suggestions, from Verizon and others, with no luck. Help!!

FroneDaddy

Reaction score
Why does it take so long for the initial VM notification to pop up?

Sometimes it takes an hour.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Why does it take so long for the initial VM notification to pop up?

Sometimes it takes an hour.
The other day it took 5 hours! Really.
I noticed a missed call after 1pm. No voice mail notification.
Another missed call, no notifications. I keep my phone on silence because I'm on the phone for work all day (well almost all day) and it's just annoying to have that, IM at work, e-mail at work, people coming into my cubical, noise around me, etc... And I don't receive many phone calls I'm not that popular... :blush:
During the day I'm checking my phone and have text messages coming up (mostly twitter...). But nothing for voice mail. I don't reconize the two phone numbers so I leave it alone.

Finally after 6pm it says I have voice mail. I click on visual voice mail and says it's not done dowloading.
shut off my phone.
turn it on.
Not done downloading.
:mad:
Finally 5 minutes after that it downloads.

Is there something I need to do? A setting?
I have received voice mail before and it's taken a while to come but not this long.

dolpns13

Reaction score
Ok am I missing something or does the Droid not have a notification for voice mails. I had two missed calls yesterday but nothing about any voice mails showed up. Good thing I checked because I actually had two.

The voicemail indicator looks like a cassette tape and if you have it set, the light will blink to whichever light you have it set to.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon notification of voice mail has been flaky for years. Long before I got my droid I sometimes found that my voice mail would show up two or three days after I received a call.

FroneDaddy

Reaction score
I've never had a VM notification problem prior to this phone and I've been with Verizon for 6 years. My last phone would notify my within 1-2 mins of the missed call (obviously only if they left a message).