Voice Mail configuration question

mj9119

Reaction score
I generally don’t notice the tiny voicemail icon on my Droid, so I usually miss voicemails until I stumble onto them days later.

As a result, I want to know if the Bionic can be configured to make voicemail notification much more apparent? I mean, can it be set to beep or blink or automatically display the voicemail screen as a default when a voicemail exists?

Any ideas appreciated.

Thank You

HowDoIUseAndroid

Reaction score
Have you considered using Google Voice for your voicemail?

I generally don’t notice the tiny voicemail icon on my Droid, so I usually miss voicemails until I stumble onto them days later.

As a result, I want to know if the Bionic can be configured to make voicemail notification much more apparent? I mean, can it be set to beep or blink or automatically display the voicemail screen as a default when a voicemail exists?

Any ideas appreciated.

Thank You

Can't tell you about the Bionic, but I do recommend you switch voicemail from your carrier to Google Voice. Google Voice will give you a free phone number, and an account with the Google Voice service. Included with that is their transcription service. When you get a voice mail, they transcribe it and e-mail it to you (or txt it to you if you want). You can also have different greetings for different callers, and block telemarketer's phone numbers forever. I really like it.

Check it out at the Android Market:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.apps.googlevoice