1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Voice Inuput Button on Keyboard Is Missing

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by Soappeddler, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Soappeddler

Soappeddler New Member

When I have the keyboard displayed for messaging the voice input button does not appear. In setting I have the "Show voice entry button on keyboard" box checked, but no button is displayed.

Is there another setting somewhere that I have to change? I am using a Sprint Galaxy S 3.
  2. Soappeddler

Soappeddler New Member

I installed a system update this morning and the button appeared. I don't know if that was part of the update or just a happy coincidence, but the problem is solved.
  3. Jake Benson

Jake Benson New Member

I had the same problem. If it happens again, just press and hold the icon that replaced the microphone down in the bottom left corner. It will change back to the microphone.
  4. gpindc

gpindc New Member

I was just looking for the same thing, which led me to your query on this forum. I found the icon on the status bar on the top, left of the screen. Hold down your finger on the status bar and swipe down. Click on Select input method to configure Google voice typing or Samsung keyboard.
  5. excessiveaggro

excessiveaggro New Member

Thank you so much! This was the first link on google when i searched "samsung galaxy s3 voice input missing". Now that I'm looking at the button i see three little dots in the corner indicating there are more buttons available. I had no idea I just needed to hold down on the button to access the menu. Thanks!
  6. ifasko

ifasko New Member

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGS3) and the microphone button seems to have disappeared in the lower left hand corner of the keyboard.

I know that i do have it enabled / Settings / Language / Input / checked Google Voice Typing and then / Samsung Keyboard / enabled voice input

Either the clipboard icon shows up, or the settings icon, and if I long press, I can change between the two, but no microphone is available for selection.
Search tags for this page
android voice input missing
galaxy s3 voice input button

galaxy s3 voice input button missing

galaxy s3 voice input missing

galaxy s3 voice to text button missing

google voice typing missing

samsung galaxy s3 keyboard voice input

samsung keyboard voice input

show voice entry button on keyboard

voice entry button galaxy s3
voice entry button on keyboard