1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Voice Dialing through bluetooth hack

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by erasmogjr, Aug 19, 2010.

1. erasmogjr

erasmogjr New Member

Hi everyone, I am a long time lurker (since the G1) I am not all that talented with android so I tend to lurk and donate as much as I can. I have always wanted to be able to push the button on my bluetooth and have voice dialing come on, much like it does on a blackberry. I have been trying to get this to work but I cannot and I have seen what the community is capable of and im sure this will be something alot of people can use, I need it because I often have to call while driving for business and I refuse to be fiddling with my phone. A teen was just killed in my town when they were texting and driving and ran off of the highway.

So far the only way I can see to make this happen is by using Tasker to start an application(voice actions) when the bluetooth button is pressed. Watching logcat I see that a single press of the bluetooth is not noticed by the phone. But when I press the buttons three times fast it redials the last called number. Since I am not very good with android I cannot find the exact line where the action takes place and that is where I would like some help. I will post a log in a few minutes. Thanks so much everyone
  2. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider Member

Android 2.2 has BlueTooth Voice Dial enabled...

Update your phone to 2.2 and it will work.
  3. erasmogjr

erasmogjr New Member

I have froyo...running simply stunning 4.7 and it is not enabled could it be that my bluetooth is not compatible I have a plantronics discovery 975

the specific action that I am looking for is to press the buttom on my headset and have it start voice actions without me ever touching the phone at all...is this what you are referring to. Thanks for the response
  4. spokey

spokey New Member

Not working for me either

I installed 2.2 about an hour ago and can't get voice dial to work.

The plantronics voyager pro has worked all along during calls. Is there some app upgrade needed or something else other than the 2.2 upgrade?

I unpaired the BT and paired it again all with rebooting the Droid and still seems to operate as it always did.

Interestingly, after writing the above, I tried it with a couple other headsets and it does work on a couple old cheap Motorola BT. One is an H500 and the other an H700. The biggest problem is that the phone doesn't wait for a confirmation and will dial the wrong number if it mis-understands the command.
Search tags for this page
android 2.2 bluetooth hack
android 4.2.2 voice dialing not working with plantronics 975
bluetooth hack droid
bluetooth hack voece call
bluetooth hacker for dial android
dial bluetooth hack
how to voice dial using plantronics bluetooth with htc sensa
starting voice actions with bluetooth

tasker voice dial

voice dial from bt on atrix hd