Voice Dialing for bluetooth

DeeRoid

Reaction score
an app is available in case no one has head..in the market called voice dialer Hf..costs like 3.99...haven't tried myself but lemme know how it works..thanks

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah something inside me just doesn't want to pay 3.99 for something that should be standard on a phone.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Well, whether it should be standard or not is a debate you can have but since it's not standard and if you want the functionality then get the app. After all if it doesn't fit your needs you can return it within 24 hours and get your refund via the market...

pastortommy

Reaction score
it works great so far. I bought it today. You can use it in unison with "button shortcut" to use the camera button on the phone (long press) to activate voice dialing...then it will talk you through everything and you won't have to press buttons..) Still nto the same as using my jawbone though :-(

pastortommy

Reaction score
Any way to make it go from "listening" to "processing" quicker? It takes forever...if i say it twice, it goes to processing right away..this is weird...

DFXmobile

Reaction score
We released a major update to Voice Dialer HF today that resolves several slow processing issues, among others. Hopefully this includes the issue pastortommy saw.

Details here.

Regards,
DFXmobile

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
We released a major update to Voice Dialer HF today that resolves several slow processing issues, among others. Hopefully this includes the issue pastortommy saw.

Details here.

Regards,
DFXmobile

Yes it did, it is much faster, and certainly faster than the native crappy dialer.

Oddly enough the native voice dialer has never EVER recognized my wife's name when I use it (Jeannie), BUT Voice Dialer HF NAILS IT every single time.. EVEN when the phone is 20 feet away!!

This program is a must have for the Droid if you want Voice dialing, PLUS it responds back with voice to confirm your selection, as it should instead of waiting for another tap To pick from the long list because it didn't really understand you, or wait for a timeout on the selection like the native app.

Even with my redneck southern accent it gets it right time after time, kudos to these guys..

Motorola/Google/Verizon should write them a BIG check and make Voice Dialer HF the native app instead of the crap they used!!!

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just downloaded and installed Voice Dialer HF and initial tests worked well. One question - I use Touchdown for email access and when I try to "Open Touchdown" it only finds "Touchdown Pro" which is the license site/link and it does not recognize another "Touchdown" although there is another Touchdown application on the apps page. Any suggestions on what the app might need to differentiate to find the Touchdown home?

DFXmobile

Reaction score
Just downloaded and installed Voice Dialer HF and initial tests worked well. One question - I use Touchdown for email access and when I try to "Open Touchdown" it only finds "Touchdown Pro" which is the license site/link and it does not recognize another "Touchdown" although there is another Touchdown application on the apps page. Any suggestions on what the app might need to differentiate to find the Touchdown home?

The short answer: Please ask the Touchdown developers to list their LAUNCHER activity name and any VOICE_LAUNCH activitiy names for their app.

The long answer is posted over here.

Regards,
DFXmobile

btblue

Reaction score
garmin nuvi and bluetooth

will voice dialer hf allow me to communicate directly with my garmin nuvi unit in the car? right now when i push the button to call someone on the nuvi it says speak now but it doesn't hear me. i'm looking for hands free dialing.
thanks

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

The short answer: Please ask the Touchdown developers to list their LAUNCHER activity name and any VOICE_LAUNCH activitiy names for their app.

The long answer is posted over here.

Regards,
DFXmobile

Also I have noticed that some apps have one name in the Market, but when installed they have another name, AND some seem to sort in the wrong place alphabeticaly which tesll me the "laucher" name may be different.

Last edited:

boatman2220

Reaction score
I agree with the people who think that a lot of these things should be native to the phone. But since it's not. The apps aren't too expensive, so for say $50.00 you have a tricked out fully loaded phone ready to take on all comers. Upgrade to what you want, when you want. Let the developers make some money and you'll see apps coming like you've never thought of before. Any issues we have and more will soon be a thing of the past.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
So far, so good. It has recognized every command that I've tried so far.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm misunderstanding but don't you have to press the camera button to make voice activation come on?. It would be nice if we could simply press our headset device.

Maybe I'm being to picky.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Maybe I'm misunderstanding but don't you have to press the camera button to make voice activation come on?. It would be nice if we could simply press our headset device.

Maybe I'm being to picky.

Yes it would, but until M/V/G fixes the BT Handsfree dialing this is the best we have.