Voice Dialer-Does anyone use it without problems?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
The voice search on my droid works great, the voice dialer on the other hand is pathetic. I live in the midwest(known for having very clean english) and the damn thing can't even get "dial mom" correct.

I had the same problem, rarely did it get it right and always had to chose from a list. It never got my wifes name right EVER.

I downloaded Voice Dialer HF from DfxMobile and it nails it correct everytime, even from 20 feet away from my phone with ambient noise. PLUS it voice confirms your selectiona dn when you say "yes" it dials the number. Only one button tap to activate the app and from then on it is totally handsfree.

Cost $3.99 but well worth it. I know you will not be dissapointed!

Link to website for User Guide .. Voice Dialer HF (DFXmobile)

QR Code for app in Market
chart

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
The voice search on my droid works great, the voice dialer on the other hand is pathetic. I live in the midwest(known for having very clean english) and the damn thing can't even get "dial mom" correct.

I had the same problem, rarely did it get it right and always had to chose from a list. It never got my wifes name right EVER.

I downloaded Voice Dialer HF from DfxMobile and it nails it correct everytime, even from 20 feet away from my phone with ambient noise. PLUS it voice confirms your selectiona dn when you say "yes" it dials the number. Only one button tap to activate the app and from then on it is totally handsfree.

Cost $3.99 but well worth it. I know you will not be dissapointed!

Link to website for User Guide .. Voice Dialer HF (DFXmobile)

QR Code for app in Market
chart

Okay, I went back over old posts on the voice dialers and bought HF today. Very good recommendation. Works great and not a high cost. Thanks for the replies. :)

justbob

Reaction score
The Voice Dialer app really sucks, but you can do the same thing with the Google voice search, which works much better!

Just go to Phone Settings --> Search --> Searchable Items and make sure that "Contacts" is checked.

Now, hit the search key (if you don't have the search widget on your desktop already) and press the microphone icon. Say "Call Mom at home" and you're off to the races. No extra app required.

This works with lots of other stuff too:

You can say "Map of gas stations" and it will show a map of gas stations near you.

You can say "navigate to 123 main street" and the navigation app will start up.

Try other stuff too. The voice recognition on this thing is freakin' awsome.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
When using it to call specific people its like 80% correct but then again I have alot of contacts and I can see where it would mess up. As for maps, google search, etc its like 99.999% accurate. I only really have problems if there is some background noise or I just say something using a slang.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't complain much about the Droid but Voice Dialer gets a #Fail from me. I do much better by simply using the search button, then microphone and then say "Call home" then I do using Voice search.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also use Voice Dialer HF as well as another product, "Choice Dialer." Each has its strengths. Choice Dialer allows access to music on your phone, for example, while VDHF emphasizes "hands free" operation and audible validation. I find Choice Dialer somewhat faster but as noted at the expense of being completely hands free.

scarestar

Reaction score
It works fine for me provided you do not have several TTS apps. Choice D+ prefers using SpeechSynthesis Data Installer from Android Market. Although lately I have started to have a problem when I start Choice Dialer+ (after reinstalling on a warranty replaced Samsung Infuse 4G) it continues to reload the End User License Agreement page and rorally re-does the setup which is a really pain.