Voice Dialer-Does anyone use it without problems?

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
It pretty much guesses (wrongly) in what I am saying. 10% of the time, it is correct. Any hints or settings to change are appreciated. Maybe there will be an update to understand Texas talk :icon_eek:

If there is another app that will allow you to record your voice with your numbers so it can recognize what is being said a little easier, please let me know what it may be named.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Well, to answer your question you asked in the title... Yes, I use it, with the only problem being a few... odd... names. Other than that, it works fine (for me), for contacts, dialing, Maps and Search 99% of the time.

There really probably should be some way to train the software for different... regions... but at present, I guess either you will have to change how you speak to your Droid, or start entering names based on how they SOUND to the Droid (when you say them), rather than spelling them correctly. (At least for now)

Meto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
My voice dial has never worked properly so far with my Droid. At least my Voyager I had before this phone worked correctly on voice dialing

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks for the replies. Only voice dialer is difficult, maps, searches, etc., work fine. I will check out BT voice dialing-thanks 928. Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

Wulfmanjack

Reaction score
Voice dialer- soom room for improvement

Yeah I would think a good voice dialing application would have been part of a standard :reddroid:OS build. My blackberry:blackberry: from 5 years had that.....and it worked well. I hope the developers address this in the next update as this is a core application of any phone. Also, it easily could be another defect in the Droid armor from attacks of the iPhone lamerz .

JayMonster

Reaction score
Yeah I would think a good voice dialing application would have been part of a standard :reddroid:OS build. My blackberry:blackberry: from 5 years had that.....and it worked well. I hope the developers address this in the next update as this is a core application of any phone. Also, it easily could be another defect in the Droid armor from attacks of the iPhone lamerz .

Well, I guess it depends on who you are (or who your friends are, since those are the names you are saying), but I find the voice dialer application excellent and thus is "standard with the OS build"

Wulfmanjack

Reaction score

Well, I guess it depends on who you are (or who your friends are, since those are the names you are saying), but I find the voice dialer application excellent and thus is "standard with the OS build"
Jaymonster,

It is possible I may not be explaining my issue correctly, but I will try to clarify this further. I think it is fair to assume that if I executed the voice dial program and said "call mom at home" it would then dial the number automatically, if it found a match. In my case, it finds the contact correctly, but then I have to select this contact on the screen -even if it the only match. Once again, with previous phones, I did not have to take any additional action if the voice search for a contact successfuly found the contact. Does your voice dial yield the same results? Is there something I can do so my expected results are met?

iba10753

Reaction score
I'm now using handsfree BT voice dialing and it works perfectly :)
I'm just curious as to how you do this. I have a bluetooth headset at the office that is perfect for my particular situation. However, when I long-press the Search icon and then say to "Call..somebody" I feel that the phone is actually "hearing" me rather than some magical transference from my bluetooth microphone to the Droid.

Again, just curious what procedure or app you're using that really means that you're using your bluetooth microphone to do voice dialing....

Thanks,
Ben

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
i have not had any issues using voice dialer at all. voice to text for text messages is another story all together.

try slowing your speech pattern down slightly and enunciate clearly. this is what i told my friend to do and he hasnt had any issues on his droid since.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to how you do this. I have a bluetooth headset at the office that is perfect for my particular situation. However, when I long-press the Search icon and then say to "Call..somebody" I feel that the phone is actually "hearing" me rather than some magical transference from my bluetooth microphone to the Droid.

Again, just curious what procedure or app you're using that really means that you're using your bluetooth microphone to do voice dialing....

Thanks,
Ben

I don't know how the previous poster does it but I do it with the Blue Ant Q1. It absolutely allows hands free dialing BUT you are limited to only 8 numbers.

I just got mine today and tested it. The way it works is when an incoming call comes through you press the volume rocker after the call. It remembers the call number and ask you what you want to assign it.

They can be pricey, I got mine on ebay for 48 bucks. I've seen them over 100.00.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Thanks,
Ben

I don't know how the previous poster does it but I do it with the Blue Ant Q1. It absolutely allows hands free dialing BUT you are limited to only 8 numbers.

I just got mine today and tested it. The way it works is when an incoming call comes through you press the volume rocker after the call. It remembers the call number and ask you what you want to assign it.

They can be pricey, I got mine on ebay for 48 bucks. I've seen them over 100.00.

Yep, the combination of BlueAnt Q1, Voice Dialer HF, and Button Shortcut (used to remap camera button to open Voice Dialer HF) gives he Droid as good as it's gonna get(for now) for "HandsFree" Voice Dialing.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, the combination of BlueAnt Q1, Voice Dialer HF, and Button Shortcut (used to remap camera button to open Voice Dialer HF) gives he Droid as good as it's gonna get(for now) for "HandsFree" Voice Dialing.

I don't use Button Shortcut or Voice Dialer HF. I imagine if you wanted to go beyond the 8 numbers you would need that.

OMEGA5

Reaction score
The voice search on my droid works great, the voice dialer on the other hand is pathetic. I live in the midwest(known for having very clean english) and the damn thing can't even get "dial mom" correct.