1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Voice Dailer Problem/Recommendation

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by stindell, Aug 28, 2010.

1. stindell

stindell New Member

I have a motorola droid. I was using the free voice dailer and it pulled up the right contacts just 25% of the time. After an update and *228 update, about 2 weeks ago, it stopped working. Now it "starts up", "listens" (for 1/2 second), then goes to please try again. I've called tech support and she wants me to do a hard reset which will change all my settings. My research tells me that some apps have a maximum number of contacts it will service. I have 1800 names on my server. What should I do? Reset or use another program? I don't mind paying a small amount.
  2. AlienTwo

AlienTwo New Member

I have only a few contacts and have a similar problem. It will get the right contact more often than not, but when I say "Melissa Mobile" it will 80% of the time choose "Melissa Work" no matter what I do. Other than that I get the same "Please Try Again". I love the droid, but I feel like the voice recognition for contacts really sucks, which is weird because the speech to chat is quite spot on. As far as a voice recognition program goes, I think android fell for the banana in the tailpipe... :icon_ banana:
Search tags for this page

voice dailer