Voice Dailer Problem/Recommendation

stindell

Reaction score
I have a motorola droid. I was using the free voice dailer and it pulled up the right contacts just 25% of the time. After an update and *228 update, about 2 weeks ago, it stopped working. Now it "starts up", "listens" (for 1/2 second), then goes to please try again. I've called tech support and she wants me to do a hard reset which will change all my settings. My research tells me that some apps have a maximum number of contacts it will service. I have 1800 names on my server. What should I do? Reset or use another program? I don't mind paying a small amount.

AlienTwo

Reaction score
I have a motorola droid. I was using the free voice dailer and it pulled up the right contacts just 25% of the time. After an update and *228 update, about 2 weeks ago, it stopped working. Now it "starts up", "listens" (for 1/2 second), then goes to please try again. I've called tech support and she wants me to do a hard reset which will change all my settings. My research tells me that some apps have a maximum number of contacts it will service. I have 1800 names on my server. What should I do? Reset or use another program? I don't mind paying a small amount.

I have only a few contacts and have a similar problem. It will get the right contact more often than not, but when I say "Melissa Mobile" it will 80% of the time choose "Melissa Work" no matter what I do. Other than that I get the same "Please Try Again". I love the droid, but I feel like the voice recognition for contacts really sucks, which is weird because the speech to chat is quite spot on. As far as a voice recognition program goes, I think android fell for the banana in the tailpipe... :icon_ banana: