Voice Command, no valid contacts listed

dblitt

Reaction score
New Pro, using voice commands, did work getting contacts and making calls with bluetooth. Same day stopped searching for contacts, getting "no valid contacts available". I still have my contact list, will dial number if asked to but no contact names. What has happened?

annpepe

Reaction score
Droid Pro Doesn't Recognize Contacts

My Droid does the same. I'll give it a command, such as, "Call Lisa" and it won't accept it. If I then go under Voice Commands and click that, it will tell me there are no contacts in my list, while there are over 200! At that point it will only accept numbers when speaking voice commands. The only remedy I've found is to edit anything about any 1 contact and suddenly it recognizes all the rest. Strange. I brought this to the attention of Motorola and they are looking into it. This is also my second Droid Pro, as Verizon replaced my first one thinking it was faulty...but the second one does it as well. Hope this helps

androzza

Reaction score
Is it possible that Exchange contacts (or only contacts on Google) work here?

annpepe

Reaction score
At first we transferred everything from my Blackberry 8830. When that wasn't working, they tried loading everything into google and they cleared out all the contacts from my phone and then reloaded from google. That, clearly, hasn't worked

StingRay

Reaction score
I know dblitt and easyfire had mentioned having this problem in other forums...I was having issues with Voice Commands but wasn't the same contact error...

Did the Droid Pro update help this at all? I believe the Voice Commands app was updated in that latest release....

annpepe

Reaction score
wow. wasn't aware of a voice command updated app. how do i find/get it?

StingRay

Reaction score
wow. wasn't aware of a voice command updated app. how do i find/get it?

If you've updated your Pro with the OTA update that came out a couple of weeks ago that should have also included an update/improvements to the Voice Commands app. If you haven't already done so, on the main menu of your phone go to Settings>About Phone>System Updates and allow the OS update...

First thing I noticed was that the Voice Commands app icon changed after installing the Pro OS update....since the update I have not had any problems with the VC app...prior to that the app would work fine for a while then it said it could not recognize any of the commands I was saying...

Hopefully the update will solve the "valid contacts" issue that you and others have experienced...

annpepe

Reaction score
HI there!
Ok, I followed your instructions. My voice command icon changed, just as you mentioned yours did. I then shut my phone off (which always then made the voice command no longer think I had any contacts) and lo and behold, it still recognizes that i have contacts! So, hopefully this worked. If not, I will come back to the forum and let you know. Meantime, thank you so very much for your kind help and for taking the time! Happy New Year!

StingRay

Reaction score
Excellent! Nice to see that Moto got something right...

My previous issues with Voice Commands have not resurfaced since the update, so hopefully yours will not either...