Voice Actions

Discussion in 'LG Spectrum 2' started by redboy49, Apr 19, 2013.

1. redboy49

redboy49 New Member

I cannot get the voice actions (home screen top left next to the magnifying glass Google) to work properly. I press it, it listens and then does not do what I ask. Example: Text to Paula Hi how are you
    It puts it in the message line but does nothing in the "TO" line.
    The same problem happens when I try to call a contact, or send an email...etc.
    I've only had the phone a week(2nd one...the first kept shutting down by itself) It says there are no new updates to software. It is Firmware version: VS93011A Android sysytem image: 4.0.4
    The voice actions app doesn't show up under apps, although the icon is there on the home screen and when using the phone keypad or keyboard.
    I viewed the video about using voice actions icon...but does not work for me like with the guy in the video.
    What am I doing wrong?
  2. JimiMack

JimiMack New Member

You are doing nothing wrong. It is a flaw with Android, Yes I said it a Flaw with Android. Look into 3rd party apps to complete what you are looking for. I can suggest Maluuba or even Assistant. Have fun and good luck.
  3. mordant80

mordant80 Member

That is strange. Just tested mine to see and it seems to be working flawlessly.

I just say "text" "name" "message" and it fills everything out. Maybe adding the word "to" between the command and name is confusing it, like it thinks "to" is part of the name and can't find a contact that starts with "to". Just a thought, seems too simple to be the problem though.

Another thought. How are your contacts stored? On the phone, sim, or Google? I have all of mine stored on my Google account.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  4. JimiMack

JimiMack New Member

Glad the hear that you are not having an issue. Being this is my only phone in years that I have to run a stock rom on, I thought that issue was common on ICS.

If i say "text Margret going to be late today" I get it all in the Message field and it skips placing the Contact name in the Contact field. My contacts are on Google as well. Yet as I mentioned if I use a 3rd party app, I do not have this issue. It is only when I use Google's Voice Search directly, which I find odd being the 3rd party apps use the same Google Voice Search as well.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  5. mordant80

mordant80 Member

I wonder if you can clear the cache on google voice or something. There's got to be a way to get it working for you since it's not affecting all of us, yet we're obviously on the same stock rom. Im rooted though i don't see that that would make a difference.

See if you can get a logcat, maybe we can figure out what's going on.
  6. Zrunky

Zrunky New Member

This happens to me as well. If I say "Text to Paula How's it going?" I get this:

to:

Or if I say "Text Paula How's it going" (leaving out the "to"), I get:

to:
  7. JimiMack

JimiMack New Member

Yet do you have the same issue if you use a 3rd party assistant? I get this issue only when I use the built in Voice Search directly, if I use another program I do not, even if that program uses Voice Search it's self.
  8. Zrunky

Zrunky New Member

No, I tried both of those third-party voice command programs and found them to be bloated and unimpressive. But they can at least read my contact list and more or less get it right each time. Maluuba is annoying though because if a contact has multiple numbers it forces you to select which one to text to each time. It can't remember a default one or understand that if a person has a "mobile" number and a "home" number I'm probably going to be texting to the "mobile" one.

Google voice command has excellent voice-to-word recognition, I'll give Google that. The program that implements it on Android is just a bit glitchy, unfortunately.
  9. mordant80

mordant80 Member

Any of you attempted to get Google now going? I think it replaces the voice search app. I tried but didn't have any luck. Would love to get it working.
  10. mordant80

mordant80 Member

How are your voice actions working now since the update?
  11. JimiMack

JimiMack New Member

My Voice Action issues have cleared up since the JB update.
Search tags for this page

android 4.0.4 google voice commands

how to voice text on spectrum 2
lg spectrum voice commands
lg spectrum voice to text

voice actions for android not working

voice actions in android 4.0.4
voice actions not working android 4.0.4

voice command for lg spectrum

voice commands lg spectrum 2
why does my voice to text not work on my lg spectrum