Vlingo adds voice check-ins to Foursquare and other features

J

JohnDroid

[video=youtube;sxMgwZ7hC3c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxMgwZ7hC3c"]YouTube - Vlingo, foursquare and Social Networking with Voice[/video]

It looks like Vlingo is making headway in cutting deals with other popular Android apps because they've just created some integration with Foursquare. Vlingo allows you to use voice commands to perform common tasks. Some examples include updating your status on Facebook and Twitter.

If you are unsure what we are talking about, take a look at the embedded youtube video above as it pretty much shows you what's up.

I don't think Foursquare has really hit a critical mass with our userbase yet, but I'd love to hear from people out there who are really using it on a daily basis. Please let us know how it works and how the Vlingo integration makes it a better or worse experience.

(Source: Engadget)

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Kewl, but the last time I tried Vlingo, it couldn't understand me. I guess my deep voice + my Manhattan/Country/Brooklyn/New Joisey-iss accent is too hard for it. Google Voice Search got some of it though.....Guess I'll try again.