Visual Voicemail

knowquarter

Reaction score
Hey Yall,

Ordered my DX on Friday, phone is currently in route and will be in my hands tomorrow via Fed Ex.

One question - visual voicemail isn't a free feature with Verizon!? I'm coming from AT&T and iPhone, never had to pay for visual voicemail. I called into VZW they said it's a $2.99/month add-on, really?

Who uses VVM and who doesn't?

tttuning

Reaction score
Hey Yall,

Ordered my DX on Friday, phone is currently in route and will be in my hands tomorrow via Fed Ex.

One question - visual voicemail isn't a free feature with Verizon!? I'm coming from AT&T and iPhone, never had to pay for visual voicemail. I called into VZW they said it's a $2.99/month add-on, really?

Who uses VVM and who doesn't?

bump wondering the same thing, does it cost with the X or is it part of phone???

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
im pretty sure you have to pay for it. best thing id recommend (i use it) is check out google voice. its free and you can do this (at the very least)

Barryvabeach

Reaction score
also check Youmail - some of the features are free - not sure which you wanted.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
+1 for Google Voice. I had Visual Voicemail on my Voyager. I had VV for about 2 weeks on my Droid until I got my GV invite.

Bigbezzee

Reaction score
Yeh i have used Youmail thru 3 BBs(8330 9530 9550) and now with Xena (thats her name) and i love it.....hasnt gone wrong yet

stryguy

Reaction score
Everyone who is anyone uses google voice for voicemail. Its better than verizon visual voicemail and free

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
i love google voice, however we use that for our business line so if we have it take over our voicemail now our business and personal is all messed up.

google voice for business and then visual voicemail for your personal number is a good solution so far for my business partner and i.

Parasol

Reaction score
i love google voice, however we use that for our business line so if we have it take over our voicemail now our business and personal is all messed up.

google voice for business and then visual voicemail for your personal number is a good solution so far for my business partner and i.

If it's on the same phone, just combine the damn thing. You're using the same phone anyway.

else, get another gmail account and link it with that.

In the end, it's your money.

idiotekniQues

Reaction score

If it's on the same phone, just combine the damn thing. You're using the same phone anyway.

else, get another gmail account and link it with that.

In the end, it's your money.

google voice rings my phone and my business partners phone. our google voice number is our primary business phone #. if google voice handled the voicemail our personal calls to our direct cellphones would be handled by google voice, which doesnt work for us.

i would have access to his personal voicemails and vice versa. not good.