Visual Voicemail

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by Unbreakable9, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Unbreakable9

Unbreakable9 New Member

Hey guys, I have a friend that has a Droid X I've rooted for him. He's running the Liberty Rom but apparently wants to run visual voicemail as well.

I don't have a Droid X and he's in another state right now so I'm trying to help out over gtalk...Anyway what's the best way to get verizons visual voicemail to run on the Droid X?

Apparently it doesn't show up in the android market because it comes with the phone? I saw one forum mention about editing the build.prop and change

ro.HorizontalVVM=True
    To:
    ro.HorizontalVVM=false

I found another thread that links to the VVM.zip file to be flashed that works on the Liberty ROM but was built for the Droid 2 and I'm uncertain if it'll run smoothly.

Any suggestions would be incredibly helpful. I only have an OG Droid and a Galaxy Nexus myself so I can't just try and make it work on my phone =(

TLDR; Need Verizon Visual Voicemail to run on DX with Liberty Rom
  2. Ansextra

Ansextra New Member

I know this isn't what you asked but why not set up Google Voice? Your friend can get visual voicemail and still not use the Google Voice phone number. It's transparent.
  3. Unbreakable9

Unbreakable9 New Member

ha, this is exactly what I told him to do!

For whatever reason he's being picky and wants to use the Verizon app. I guess he already pays for the service for some strange reason...
  4. Ansextra

Ansextra New Member

I would just chalk it up to your friend having strange ideas. I personally don't care who my visual voice provider is... ;) He can cancel VZ Visual Voice at any time I think.
  5. Unbreakable9

Unbreakable9 New Member

I agree, I think paying verizon for a service we can get for free is completely useless. Oh well, some people are strange like that I suppose.
  6. Je11yman

Je11yman New Member

OK, that sounds great! How do I set that up? I obviously don't want to route all calls through my Google Voice number, I just want them to go straight to my phone, without any routing that might cost me extra money or show as a different number on someone else's caller id. However, when they go to voicemail I don't care who they go to, so my Google Voice number would be fine. Is it possible to route only calls you don't answer into the Google Voice system?
  7. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Nobody is actually answering the question... ;) It's been a while since I've used Liberty but I'm pretty sure one of the blur apks you can install was visual voicemail... =) I may be totally wrong though!
  8. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Yes, you set that you want your messages to go to the gvoice. That way you can also read them on your computer! :) It's been a while since I set it up but after you set it up in gvoice, you can go into your phone settings and select that you want gvoice for voicemail app and not Verizon Voicemail! :happy3:
  9. Ansextra

Ansextra New Member

Yes that's all there is to it. I don't know of any advantage to using Verizon Visual Voicemail and paying on a monthly basis.
  10. Je11yman

Je11yman New Member

THIS IS AWESOME! It works great! And to think, I could have been doing this for a year or more. Doh!
  11. Ansextra

Ansextra New Member

Congratulations! :D
  12. cawaller

cawaller New Member

Visual Voice Mail Liberty 3.2 on DX

Sounds like you are going with Google Voice. It worked great for me on my OG but with my DX for some reason it has become flaky. If I choose to ignore a call the caller gets a prompt to "enter the number you want to leave a voice mail for" and I sometimes get prompts on my screen asking me to choose how to handle it.
    Anyway to answer your initial question.. On 3 version 2 go to: Settings/Liberty Settings/Customization/Liberty Customizer/Addons/VoiceMail. This will install visual voicemail for Verizon. There are some other Blur installs there as well.
Search tags for this page
best visual droid voicemail

best visual voicemail android

droid visual voicemail app showing 0
drpid x2 visual voicemail
enable visual voicemail rooted phone
flashable zip verizon visual voicemail
how does visual voicemail on droid x tverizon work
how to get voicemail on rooted android
htc incredible 2 visual voicemail problems
rooted android voicemail
rooted phone verizon voicemail