Visual Voicemail requires sign-up with every new message

miniar

Reaction score
My visual voicemail on my Droid 4 is requireing me to resign-up for it every time I receive a new VVM notification. I do not have HandCent on my device, so I can rule that out. I have spent hours on the phone with Verizon and gone through 3 phones, but noone can seem to fix my problem. After I am signed into VVM, I can go in and out of it as much as I want --- until I receive another voicemail that is. Has anyone else had this problem? Any Ideas??

4low4fun

Reaction score
Have you gone into your system options and under accounts (where you set up your Gmail, social networking etc.) Set it up there?

OP
miniar

miniar

Reaction score
Yes, I have tried that

I have tried that also. Verizon has also even tried deleting my account on their server and creating it on a different server, and then having me reregister the app on my phone.

r314bd

Reaction score
I would highly recommend that you switch to Google Voice. It provides visual voicemail functionality, spam voicemail filtering, and even voicemail transcripts...all for free.

Seriously...VZW Visual Voicemail sucks. Save yourself 3 bucks a month.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
+1 for google voice, once you receive a message it's downloaded to your phone and you can listen to again and again and it does the transcript. All of which you can do on your pc too.

dfulwood50

Reaction score
ok i remove my visual voice mail though titanium, now i can not install any other visual voice mail service because of the build in visual voice mail for droid 4

r314bd

Reaction score
ok i remove my visual voice mail though titanium, now i can not install any other visual voice mail service because of the build in visual voice mail for droid 4
Wait, you removed it or you froze it? Please tell me you didn't completely uninstall it...

dfulwood50

Reaction score
visual voice mail

yes i did and now because its a build in app i can not install another one. at the being i did frez the app but because of build in app you cannot install any other service

r314bd

Reaction score
yes i did and now because its a build in app i can not install another one. at the being i did frez the app but because of build in app you cannot install any other service
I am attaching the Visual Voicemail files so you can restore the app. Take Vvm.apk and Vvm.odex and paste them in your system/app folder using ES File Explorer or a similar app, then reboot.

Then download Google Voice from the Play Store and follow the in-app instructions on how to set it up; if you run into problems, check these instructions.

And for anyone else reading this, NEVER UNINSTALL SYSTEM APPS. Just freeze them.

Attachments

• Vvm.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 204

dfulwood50

Reaction score
visual voice mail

Thank sir. i'm on my way to class , i will post result after classes. Once again thank i will see what happen.