Visual Notifications for Stock E-mail

droidfry

Reaction score
Hello!
I've temporarily owned 2 droids, and settled on the third. dInc2 stuck onto me!

I am having some issues with the stock e-mail app for my Live account. I am not receiving e-mails automatically like I would with my BB, and once I do get them and mark them read, the e-mail app still shows that I have unread messages although all have been read. Is this only happening to me? It's a little annoying.

Thanks for your help!!

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Check in settings for your email. For some accounts I've had in the past there is an option to "delete from server after reading". Check that box and you should stop the new mail notification after reading it. Just be aware you might not get your emails via the computer if you read them on your phone first. Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

fireman.Wi

Reaction score
Ur name caught my att. ..thinking about upgrading my D1 for some reason. I'm rooted and constantly changing rom/ themes and CPU.. like the slide screen on it too.... Any suggestions.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
D

droidfry

Reaction score
Check in settings for your email. For some accounts I've had in the past there is an option to "delete from server after reading". Check that box and you should stop the new mail notification after reading it. Just be aware you might not get your emails via the computer if you read them on your phone first. Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

I don't even see that setting and I just went through them all. It's not that my phone vibrates and says YOU HAVE MAIL, it's more the actual icon with the number showing. And this morning I didn't have any e-mails and now I have 15, and the first one was received at 3 in the morning... I may need to call verizon!