Visual notification (star, highlight, etc) of new messages

formerfatboys

Reaction score
I'm coming from a Blackberry, which on the icon for various messaging accounts put a little star on accounts with new messages, and I'm wondering why the Droid doesn't do that.

By default the Droid say "Droid" when a new message comes in. Great. How about showing which account got the new message? Was it Gmail? Was it a text message? This should show on the home screen options.

Is there a way?

I know there's that Motorola quick text thing, but that doesn't allow you to type a "Quick reply" in landscape mode: useless.

Reaction score
I'm coming from a Blackberry, which on the icon for various messaging accounts put a little star on accounts with new messages, and I'm wondering why the Droid doesn't do that.

By default the Droid say "Droid" when a new message comes in. Great. How about showing which account got the new message? Was it Gmail? Was it a text message? This should show on the home screen options.

Is there a way?

I know there's that Motorola quick text thing, but that doesn't allow you to type a "Quick reply" in landscape mode: useless.

[video=youtube;ucvGlIr1qv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucvGlIr1qv0]YouTube - Motorola Droid Notification Panel[/video]

yoitsmebenny

Reaction score
Drag down the notification bar at the top. You can enable/disable notification settings for various messaging accounts within those accounts' options.