Virus? Tapped Phone? Hackjer?

disassemble

Reaction score
So....

:motdroidhoriz:

sometimes... i see a phone call in progress... no caller or anything.. i can click the "end" button but no action takes place. i can continuously click it over and over.. nada. i click speaker and it turns on and off.. no sounds though.. i click dial pad.. no response.. like whatis this?

im kinda new to the droid phone.. like 2 weeks new from a bb... but i'm a tech guy...so its not me...

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So....

:motdroidhoriz:

sometimes... i see a phone call in progress... no caller or anything.. i can click the "end" button but no action takes place. i can continuously click it over and over.. nada. i click speaker and it turns on and off.. no sounds though.. i click dial pad.. no response.. like wtf is this? lolzzz

im kinda new to the droid phone.. like 2 weeks new from a bb... but i'm a tech guy...so its not me... lol

There is only one way in which android and the Droid are like a PC and that is that a shut down and restart helps sometimes. That's all I got. :)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try a system reset and see if it happens again (or you can start with a battery pull). What does your VZW account usage say? (i.e. next time you see it note the time and then later view your call history on the VZW site and see if it has anything showing. That will tell you if the phone/account is making a phone call or if it's something with the phone's display.

iPirate

Reaction score
Does it happen while you are charging your battery? What charger do you use?

OP
disassemble

disassemble

Reaction score
Try a system reset and see if it happens again (or you can start with a battery pull). What does your VZW account usage say? (i.e. next time you see it note the time and then later view your call history on the VZW site and see if it has anything showing. That will tell you if the phone/account is making a phone call or if it's something with the phone's display.

When it happens I do a battery pull. It happened twice in two days... It seemed strange. If i recall correctly, i just hung up with someone and it was like that.. Could it be that i am still on hold? like on there call waiting?

could do the verizon thing.. but i'm lazy.. but your right if i remember i will write down time and match it up on bill or online bill thingy.

Does it happen while you are charging your battery? What charger do you use?

Dock with Wall Charger. I have been using the car charger though also.

choklitcow

Reaction score
Ghosts. It's definitely haunted. Just pray it starts making breakfast for you.

3turner

Reaction score
Never had that particular thing happen to me, however, just curious. Why is the red led on in the top corner? usually means that your batter is going low.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
do you have antivirus software or anything? that's been known to make the phones go a bit crazy

OP
disassemble

disassemble

Reaction score
not low battery.. i think i was just hanging up after a phone call..

=( no one knows = (

do you have antivirus software or anything? that's been known to make the phones go a bit crazy

negative.. but i might just restore phone back to factory default after i play with it for another week or two. and just start over this time but.. KNOWING what i'm doing... and i'll keep reading.

OP
disassemble

disassemble

Reaction score
What apps have you recently installed?

errrr.. like i had mentioned, i'm new to the droid coming from the BB... i've been beating this thing up for about a week or so now... so i've wnet buck wild in the market place downloading and removing apps all day everyday...

i guess i'll just write down the apps i like and or need and reformat the phone sooon... if no one knows this problem... i feel like my phones being tapped! lol

crspang

Reaction score
Its a complete guess on my part, but you probably downloaded an app that was not designed for android 2.01, so doing the factory reset is probably your best option. Sorry