Virus question, story included!

TuckerMaxx

Reaction score
..Kaspersky... research origin..

Did you know that Norton and McAfee use the same engine as Kaspersky.. and Kaspersky was the first true Anti-Virus program... interesting ehh!! considering its a Russian development..

Ok soo.. the consences is that Virus' on a Android is possible but not likely.. unless you install APPs or APES from unknown/trusted sources.. So is there a Anti-virus for a android? For Kaspersky has a Mobile app for Windows OS based phones and BB based...

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So is there a Anti-virus for a android? For Kaspersky has a Mobile app for Windows OS based phones and BB based...

No wonder both norton and mcafee suck, avast will always be my antivirus of choice on windows machines.

As for your question, yes there are anti-viruses for android but they cause problems with your phone most of the time. Check out the link in my signature about you not to use one.

@OP, that made me laugh really loudly, my mom asked what I was laughing at then laughed just as hard when I explained.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

cnmsales

Reaction score
Yeah not big on having AV on my droid. However, on occasion when I am worried something might be going on I will download something like AVG and do a scan with it just to make sure there is nothing going on.

Then uninstall it.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
So is there a Anti-virus for a android? For Kaspersky has a Mobile app for Windows OS based phones and BB based...

No wonder both norton and mcafee suck, avast will always be my antivirus of choice on windows machines.

As for your question, yes there are anti-viruses for android but they cause problems with your phone most of the time. Check out the link in my signature about you not to use one.

@OP, that made me laugh really loudly, my mom asked what I was laughing at then laughed just as hard when I explained.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

yay :p glad I could make more people laugh!

I used to use lookout like, four months ago, realized I didn't actually need it because I only download apps from trusted developers, the only reason I questioned the virus was because I wasn't sure how it worked through a browser/WiFi, I'm not too worried about it anymore, though, phone software is running flawlessly, plus I'm exchanging it tomorrow due to my lower volume button feeling broken even though it works fine, my friends feels normal. Plus the rep kinda chipped the top of the battery cover with his nail, however, I don't blame him, this is insanely tight to get off. He scratched one of my screen protectors, too. Figures, first rep I had that was polite/experienced was a clumsy monkey.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App